Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

Erica stayed with him as long as the twins weren't in the room, she really didn't feel like talking to either of them.

They had gone to get food and she sat in one of the chairs tapping her foot over and over. After a while Boyd just stared over at her with a glare.

"Stop," he said.

"Why? Maybe it'll annoy her so much that it wakes her up," she shrugged.

"Or it'll annoy me so much that I want to come over there and stand on your foot. That'll hurt, trust me."

She rolled her eyes and stopped.

"Why are you so on edge?" he asked.

"I'm not."

"Erica."

"Okay if I tell you something can you please just keep your mouth shut?"

"So, it's a secret?"

"Of sorts, yeah."

"Erica what's going on?"

She looked up at him and sighed. "Isaac went to go see Peter."

"He what?"

"You heard," she said. "He went to ask him to do his memory unlock-y thing, but he didn't pick up when we called and Isaac just went anyway, now it's been hours since he left and he's not back. I'm worried."

"There could be lots of explanations," Boyd said. "It might have taken a long time, he might still be trying to convince him to help. Maybe he got what he wanted and then went for a walk seeing as Scott's across the ward in Stiles' room. From what you said they weren't exactly on cloud nine."

"Isaac isn't the problem there, it's Scott. He won't talk to him. He's too stubborn," she said, leaning back in the chair with folded arms. "If I were him I wouldn't want to take on this silent treatment thing, I'd yell. And I don't even know if this thing they're fighting about is worth yelling about but it's sure as hell better than passive-aggressive silent-treatment bullshit."

Boyd nodded a little. "So, you've resolved things with Aiden then?"

She held up her middle finger. "That's different, we were never Scott and Isaac."

"Still, wouldn't yelling be better than passive―"

"Wait," she said, shushing him. "Can you hear that?"

His ears tuned in to every minute detail in the room and then he heard it, eyes turning quickly to Daisy.

"Her heart rate is getting faster," Erica said. "She's waking up."

They watched her stir a little and Erica rushed over to kiss Boyd on the cheek.

"I'll just go and talk to Stiles a little more," she said.

Boyd gave her a smile as she left and then looked back to Daisy, her eyelids fluttering awake before her eyes went wide and her heart rate elevated even higher, she was panicking.

"Daisy, Daisy..." Boyd said quietly, putting his hand on her arm. "It's alright, you're safe now."

She was still shaking as she looked up at him, reaching up to pull the mask away from her lips.

"Boyd," she croaked. "Where..."

"You're in the hospital, you're okay," he said.

Her hand found his and despite looking so frail in the hospital bed she held on with quite a grip. Slowly she calmed down and Boyd was able to tell her what they suspect had happened. It wasn't long before she was relaxed enough and Ethan and Aiden came in to see her too.