Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

"I'm glad you're okay," he said.

"Yeah, me too," he said. "Were you just down at the station?"

"I was," he said.

"What, uh... what's going on? Did you get statements from―"

"You know I'm not supposed to talk to you about current investigations don't you? Jesus, at least wait until you're out of this bed before you start trying to find everything out."

"I just want to know what's going on," he said. "I mean you got them right? They're in custody?"

The sheriff sighed. "Yeah, we got them."

"And what's going to happen to them?"

He shook his head a moment but he knew he wouldn't stop asking. Besides, he'd been involved in this one, he probably had a right to know.

"They're both going in for psychological assessment," he said. "At the moment we can probably charge him with four counts of first degree murder as well as assault and kidnapping, She might be the same except with only one count, at this stage that is. Sentencing and charges are all going to depend on what the psych says anyway. I probably don't have to tell you that there was something not quite right with those two."

"So wait, what? They confessed?"

"He confessed, liked taking the credit I think. She didn't say much of anything, mostly she seemed pretty distressed," he said.

"Yeah, she seemed that way out there too," Stiles sighed.

"Well, enough about that, you know too much already," he said. "How are you feeling?"

"Like if one more person asks me that I might punch them," he said.

The sheriff laughed.

Stiles suddenly remembered something and his eyes grew wide as he looked up at his dad.

"My jeep," he said, his face now serious. "Did they say anything about my jeep?"

The sheriff laughed again, a big hearty laugh that made his body shake and he tapped Stiles gently on the hand.

"Is that really what you're worried about right now? You get college offers soon and in a few weeks you'll be graduating but god forbid the one thing that's replaceable is gone," he said.

"I know my priorities."

He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "The jeep is fine, a little scratched and dirty but it's fine. They found it out on that old property, hidden in the trees."

"Oh thank god," Stiles sighed, lying back in the bed as the sheriff shook his head from side to side.

"Your priorities worry me."

"Don't worry dad, one day you'll get a jeep of your own and you'll understand."

He put his hand on Stiles' head and leant in to kiss his forehead again.

"I'll go see if anyone can tell me when you're getting out of here," he said.

He gave him a smile and stood up to head to the nurses station.

"Wait, dad?" Stiles called from the bed and the sheriff turned around in the doorway. "I love you."

The sheriff smiled with a warm sigh. "Love you too son."

Boyd stayed in the room across the hall with Daisy most of the time. Sometimes he left Aiden and Ethan alone with her and went to see Stiles, he even popped in to see Allison with Erica.