|32| The Intruder II

Start from the beginning

Nolan listened to her calmly, taking all the information.

She opened her eyes looking at Nolan. "I was scared. Then exact the same time I could hear someone was coming. At first, I thought it was the person who had kidnapped her, that's why I concealed myself and was about to call you. But then it was you guys who had come there."

Fayth took a glass of water from the table and played with the tip of it, "As for why I did not tell anyone of you- It is simple." She looked up again, "I do not want to get involved with you guys, with Royals. I just don't want to get involved with any of this- I just wanted to help in finding my only friend."

Fayth stopped and long silence followed after that. She waited for his reaction, as she looked at him, who in return looked upon her, not even an ounce of expression on his face.

His reaction was an important factor for her.

After five minutes of no reaction, Fayth could not take it anymore. "Say something!"

A beautiful smile suddenly broke onto his face. "You surprise me every time."

Fayth shook her head, letting her hairs to get loose "It is just that you always find me in unexpected situations."

At sudden, Nolan shifted close to her and pressed his thumb in between her brows which were creased, Surprising Fayth and himself. But quickly retreated.

After an awkward silence, Nolan cleared his throat- "I was surprised that you did not want to take credit for something so big. Any other person in this academy would have screamed at the top of their lungs if they had saved Marley."

Fayth was flustered. But she did not want to take a chance and clarified the whole situation. "Nolan, I still do not want anyone to know that it was me who rescued Marley that day- If you can, Please let this stay secret."

Nolan was in thought but how could he decline the person who had saved his sister's life so he had to let her know about his investigation-"The only person to know this secret will be me and my friends- only five of them. Is that okay? We are trying to find the person who is behind all this. And for that, I will need to reveal your name-"

Fayth knows that she cannot hide now- that scared her. How did she end up in this situation.

Looking at her expression Nolan quickly added "But don't worry. No one from us will tell any other person or we will not bother you more for this."

With Nolan's reassurance. Fayth felt relieved and nodded her head. They both discussed the incident a little more and then without any of them knowing they both were playing around.

Fayth laughed and Nolan snatched the phone from her, "When did you even take this?" Nolan asked as he watched a photo with an individual who was covered in flour from head to toe.

Fayth did not answer, not sure if she  heard him in between her laughs.

Nolan bared his teeth at her, while trying to find a way to delete the picture but it was not working.

"How do I delete this!"

Fayth laughed again, uncaringly, like a teenager that she had forgotten she was. No matter how- But Nolan siblings have started to grow on her.

One forgets that she needs to stay far from the other person and the Other not knowing the intention of that person.

And both of them not knowing that there is a person outside the door- clenching his knuckles while looking at them.

Until they both heard the knocking sound from outside of the room. Both felt silent for a moment and then Nolan went toward the door- "Who is there?"

Both went out to look around the door- But found no one outside of their door.