6 | ◊ 𝐑𝐞𝐝 ◊

Is man one of God's blunders,or is God one of man's blunders?

or is God one of man's blunders?

• V I R A J •

The sun filtered through the window, casting a soft ethereal glow upon me. I squeezed my eyes shut, groaning as the rash sunlight hit my face directly.

"Close the window, Yuvika," I murmured, hoping she would hear and do as I asked. But minutes passed, and still, nothing happened. It was unusual, just like Yuvika. If I could utter anything, she would have done it before I even said it a second time.

Then, I heard the loud bell voices, and my eyes snapped open. If there was a bell, it meant it was already eight. My eyes fluttered as I took in my surroundings, frowning and sighing.

I found myself in my study, just like so many other nights when I ended up falling asleep while working. My muscles were sore as I gazed at the table, where papers were scattered about. I took a deep breath, feeling the weight of exhaustion settle upon me.

As I picked up each paper from the table, I took my time to carefully place them in the file. With my phone in hand, I scrolled through the remaining emails, making sure not to miss any important ones. Finally, I made my way towards the door, only to find it locked from the inside. It dawned on me that I must have fallen asleep in the study instead of my bedroom. If only the door hadn't been locked, Yuvika would have surely come to disturb me.

With a sigh, I unlocked the door and stepped out, my eyes catching a glimpse of her adorned in a resplendent red saree, which was a sight to behold. Her lustrous ebony locks cascaded down her back, intertwining with delicate jasmine flowers. The saree, intricately woven with golden threads, embraced her slender frame, accentuating her every curve. The rich hue of the fabric mirrored the passion that radiated from her eyes, drawing you into her captivating presence. With each step, she exuded an aura of grace, leaving an indelible mark on the hearts of those fortunate enough to witness her ethereal beauty.

As her eyes slowly opened, they sparkled like countless stars scattered across the vast night sky. At that moment, her gaze fell upon the divine idol of Lord Ganesha, radiating with an aura of tranquility and wisdom. With utmost reverence, she held the thali in her hands, adorned with vibrant colors and delicate flowers, and began to move it in graceful circles, offering her heartfelt prayers and seeking the blessings of the benevolent deity.

Meanwhile, I averted my gaze from her, feeling admiration for her deep devotion. Making my way towards our room, I stepped inside and was instantly greeted by the enchanting fragrance of roses that filled the air. Her signature scent was always alluring and delicate, never failing to pique my interest. My eyes were drawn to the bed, where a suit had been thoughtfully laid out for me to wear, accompanied by my purse, watch, and socks, all neatly arranged in perfect order. It was as if she had anticipated my every need.