21 | ◊ 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 ◊

❝𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐧𝐚𝐩, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐥 ❞

• A V Y A A N A •

Perched on my bed, bathed in my MacBook's glow, I faced ten reports unveiling a hidden tale within Lifecare Hospital's past. Each paper cradled a dark secret, like pieces of a puzzle begging to be solved.

The victim, Sunita Varma, emerged from the faded news article, mirroring the details in the first report. A healthy 28-year-old, her life took a dark turn during a routine medical procedure at Lifecare, leaving unanswered questions and a trail of tragedy.

The words on the aged news article unfolded before me like the chapters of a long-lost mystery novel.

Navigating the digital labyrinth, I uncovered the haunting story. Sunita's hopeful journey turned into a nightmare, marked by unexplained respiratory distress, plummeting blood pressure, and mysterious complications in her blood tests. Despite frantic medical efforts, darkness claimed her life.

Holding the death report, the connection became a real key to a hidden past. The room held its breath as the mystery unfolded, lingering for fourteen years. Sunita's name etched on paper unlocked the door to secrets buried in Lifecare's corridors.

I read the symptoms hoping I'd connect something but the symptoms weren't anything major

I read the article on my Macbook:
The hospital's mistakes and lack of attention caused the deaths. They didn't handle routine procedures well and ignored warning signs, and The hospital's carelessness is responsible for the tragic deaths.

Anika Roy, the hospital administrator, and her team are squarely condemned for their grave lapses, holding them responsible for the heart-wrenching tragedies that unfolded under their watch.

As I scrolled down there were a lot of headlines making my heart shutter.

Anika Roy: A Murderer?"

Anika Roy Arrested Connected to Hospital Deaths.

11 Lives Lost in Lifecare Hospital Tragedy.

A shiver ran down my spine, frustration bubbling within as the elusive clues in the report evaded me. Leaning against the headboard, I sighed, deciding to distance myself from the enigma for a moment. Uneasiness crept in, and I closed my eyes, trying to calm the migraine threatening to surface.

With a deep breath, I gathered the report, securing it in a file. Suddenly, the door clicked open, a familiar intrusion. Despite my silent pleas for a knock, he strolled in, impervious to the daggers my eyes threw at him. Clad in a crisp white shirt, sleeves neatly folded, he moved to the closet, slipping into a well-tailored black suit.