Chapter Eight: Revealing the Past

The day had arrived, and the sun cast its golden rays through the windows, filling the room with a warm, welcoming glow. I stood before my grandmother, my heart heavy with anticipation. She gave me a loving, teary-eyed smile, her eyes filled with wisdom and care.

"Remember, Athena, you are a Dean, and Deans are strong and determined. Embrace the magic, make new friends, and most importantly, stay safe. I'll miss you every day," she said, her voice quivering.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I embraced her tightly, feeling the love and warmth in her arms. "I'll miss you too, Grandma. I promise to make you proud."

With a final, heartfelt farewell, we parted ways, and I found myself standing alone in our cozy living room. My grandmother's support and guidance had brought me to this moment, where I was about to embark on an extraordinary journey.

In my hand, I held the true time turner, a fragile link between past and present. I took a deep breath, steadied my trembling hands, and turned the delicate hourglass. The room around me blurred, the world shifted and twisted, and in an instant, I found myself in a different time, a different world.

As the world settled around me, I realized I was standing on a quiet, cobbled street in London. The buildings were different, the air held a hint of antiquity, and the sounds of horse-drawn carriages echoed in the distance. I had arrived in the year 1892.

Beside me, an elegant carriage stood, its dark wooden frame intricately adorned with carvings, and its wheels poised for the journey ahead. As I gathered my surroundings, an elderly man, who had seemingly materialized out of thin air, walked around the side of the carriage.

"Ah! It appears we are almost ready to depart," he said joyfully. "It's a pity we didn't have more time to spend on spell-casting. I presume you've been practicing the spells we worked on."

Slightly puzzled but eager to go along with it, I replied, "I have, Professor."

"Well, I'm quite sure I've never seen anyone take so quickly to a second-hand wand. You'll be a force to be reckoned with when you get your own," he noted, winking at me.

"Thank you, Professor. I appreciate your working with me before-"

My attention was drawn to a sudden appearance beside me as another man emerged from thin air. He stood momentarily to regain his bearings and then turned to face us.

"Oh! Eleazar!" he exclaimed.

"George!" the man beside me responded. "Glad my rather cryptic description of our location did not thwart you from finding us."

The other man approached, and they shook hands. "I've Apparated to more vaguely defined destinations than this," he chuckled, "though, I confess I may have miscalculated slightly on my first try. Gave quite a fright to some theatergoers on the West End." Another chuckle escaped his lips.

The Professor next to me resumed the conversation. "It's been much too long. When I received your owl, I must say I-"

George interrupted, "Best not speak here, Eleazar, hmm?"

They both glanced around at the surroundings for a moment before Professor Eleazar replied, "Of course. Why don't we speak en route to Hogwarts? We have a start-of-term feast and a sorting ceremony to get to."

"Absolutely a wonderful idea! As long as your young charge here doesn't mind me tagging along," George said, turning to me.

I shook my head and offered a polite smile. "Not at all, sir."

Professor Fig gestured for me to enter the carriage. "After you."

I entered the carriage and selected a seat, feeling the anticipation in the pit of my stomach intensify with every passing second. The two men followed me into the carriage, and as soon as we were all comfortably seated, the carriage gracefully took off into the sky. It was unlike any form of travel I had ever experienced. Gazing out of the window, I watched as the sprawling city of London grew smaller beneath us, gradually giving way to a sea of clouds.