Not long after, I climb off my horse to walk over to the door and give it a few knocks. My heart pounds, hoping she will respond and I straighten up with anticipation when the lock on the other end clicks. When the door slowly swings open, my eyes meet Sina's and instantly, a weak smile grows on her rosy lips. "Levi? You're back so soon."

"You don't sound very excited to see me."

"Oh, no. I'm truly happy you're back." Sina genuinely says and I scan her dark, brown hair that is hanging down on her back. Her hair has gotten longer. She still seems exhausted as usual, but in my eyes, she is still stunning.

"Sina—" I get interrupted when Sina suddenly coughs with a hand clutching her heart. My face turns cold when her eyes roll back, losing focus. When her knees bend, I sweep her into my arms to carry her into the house. I can feel her hand take ahold of mine to barely squeeze it, the other handing limply in my arms.

Rushing to the bedroom, I lay her down in bed and leaned over to pat her cheek a few times for a response. "Oi, Sina! Are you alright?" I then fight back the lump blocking my throat when she groans. She's obviously hiding her condition from me.

"I'm sorry, Levi... that you have to see me like this..." Sina croaks, her eyes still closed and I shake my head in disbelief.

"You could harm the baby if you're not careful!" I raised my voice when she almost fell to the floor. "I recall that you're usually pretty healthy. How did you become this sick all of a sudden?"

"I'm just feeling under the weather. That's all."

"You've been having a fever for a few months now. That's not normal if you ask me." I attempt to backtrack how she fell sick. The only thing that rings a bell was the disease back in Wall Rose. I am afraid to admit it, but only a professional can confirm.

My mind is filled with a gloomy storm, but as soon as my hand slips into hers, the storm comes to a calm. I stare at the silver ring around her slender finger and fidget it with my thumb. Then, I gaze down at the baby bump. To this day, I am still fascinated by our baby growing inside of her. I am so proud of Sina for pulling through, and because of that, I am going to be a father soon. But, will I become a good father to our child?

"Why do you look regretful?" Sina appears to be observing my face now that her eyes are cracked open. It's like she can see through me.

I lower my head, still holding her hand as I recall something. "Do you feel like I'm keeping you away from the world?" This whole time, I have been holding her hostage ever since Abel passed. She has so much potential, yet I am caging her like a bird. Am I too overprotective?

"It was my choice after all." Sina says with a hint of sadness. "As much as I wanted to go further beyond the walls, I can't imagine leaving you behind."

"No, I forced you... to stay inside the walls." I correct, telling her I was the one who made that choice. "You're here because I'm selfish."

Sina swallows a lump down her throat. Since she chose to stay silent, I then ask her, "So I want you to decide. What do you truly want?"

After a moment of thinking, Sina sighs with a bittersweet smile. "I want to see the entirety of this world. No matter what."

"You won't regret it?"

"Why would I?" Sina blinks. "I know you will fight until the very end and from there, we can live freely without titans roaming around. The world is much bigger than we can imagine." Although I had warned her of the many dangers of the world beyond the walls, Sina has a different perspective, so danger is out of the picture.

"If you want to see the outside world so badly, then I will let you. Once you feel all better, of course. And when there's little to no titans." I promise her. "I may not know why you want to venture out, but I will do anything to help you get there. Just know I will come along with you."