Part 20 - Lesson or Punishment

Beginne am Anfang

"Yes but."

"There's no If and But, it's all about priority and determination."

Placing the Shrimad-Bhagwat-Geeta on the bed, Ankita then snuck a glance at Sneha who was now gazing at the cover of It in daze.

"Not a mere book, right now in your hand you've the permanent solution to every dilemma and problem."

"Bhabhi this is.."

"(Arjun to Shri Krishn ko Sakha maante they. Hum to unhe ishwar maante hai. kya unka kaha nahi maan sakte?) Arjun considered Shri Krishn as his friend. We consider him as God. Can't we do what he says?"

Saying this she walked out of the room, hoping with faith in Shri Krishn, that Sneha will be enlightened and she'll find her path to step out of her troubles, if not then strength to face all of it.
____________

"When did you arrive?"

Looking at his Wife, who was walking towards the ward where Abhiraj was admitted. Digvijay asked her, however instead of answering him she asked back in annoyance.

"Does it matter?"

Saying that she opens the door only to watch a nurse insert a syringe on his arm, the sound of the door opening snapped Abhiraj's attention towards the entrance. But watching his Mother he sighed inwardly then spoke before she could.

"It wasn't intentional, I didn't intend to do this."

He was really not in state to deal with his Mother, who was glaring furiously at him and utterly disappointed with him. Due to his actions, the fact she'll be one handling this situation was more dreadful than her Rage for him.

"(Jab irada nahi tha, to kiya kyu?ek baar jail jaakar sabak nahi mila?) Why did you do it when you didn't intend to? Didn't you learn your lesson by going to jail once?"

Sanchi retorted with rage, where he tried to explain himself, but the look of his Mother restrained him. To her, regardless of whether he intended to do it or not, he did it already. And he should pay for the crime he committed regardless of his state.

"Mom, at least listen to me.."

"Do you think, just because you're my son I'll protect you? I regret doing it before, but not anymore."

Seeing how riled up she's, Digvijay who was behind her placed his hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down. As he reminds her of Abhiraj's injured state.

"Sanchi he's hurt."

"He deserves it, besides I doubt he has a Masochist personality."

"Sanchi."

"Don't yell my name, when you're responsible for his state. Your ignorance to his wrong deed, encourages him to commit heinous crimes now."

Seeing his parents, arguing with each other, because of him again he felt more headache. Thus interrupting them, he expressed his apology again.

"Please, don't argue with dad, because It's my fault mom, and I'm truly sorry."

"Sorry? It's that first time when you're sorry? No and I'm certain, it won't last either, will it?"

"It won't be repeated."

Ignoring his hollow promise, it's not like he didn't feel remorseful before? He did, he even tried to fix his action. But now she knows he can't be trusted, especially when it comes to Sneha then never ever. Hence she asked him again in utter seriousness.

"Tell me honestly, do you regret taking her, or losing her again?"

Listening to the question, he opted silence as answer by averting his gaze from his mother. Making his mother more determined to punish him. If he said he regret hurting her again, she might've let it go, but his silence spoke, what he couldn't dare to say.