Part 20 - Lesson or Punishment

Holding the ointment in her hand, looking at her almost healed bruises with a shroud of silence and gloom. Pondering over what happened within a few days.

"Sneha."

"Bhabhi, why are you standing there please come. What's the need to get this? I could've taken it myself."

Rushing towards the door, taking the glass of milk from her hand. She escorted Ankita towards the bed out of her own guilt, she couldn't approach Ankita later.

"It's alright, I.. Sneha, don't mind Mom's word she didn't mean."

"I know Bhabhi, you don't have to worry, I'm not offended by her. In fact I'm sorry for ruining your joy."

"No, don't think like that, I'm happy at least this time we are with you. To face him, in fact I'm curious about, what did you plan to do against him?"

Ankita asked cautiously, gazing keenly at her expression to gauge her feelings and intention. She was already feeling remorseful about what her mother said. And she felt Sneha wouldn't rely on her anymore.

"Honestly, I don't know what to do Bhabhi. Filing a case against him is ideally the right step, but not worth the effort."

"The law favours you, we are with you, then why is getting him punished not worth the efforts?"

"Law is strong, but corrupt. You all are with me, but we aren't formidable in front of his family influence."

Ankita lowered her gaze, unable to understand whether to feel disappointed or relieved. Because whatever Sneha said was nothing but the brutally bitter truth. If she complained against him. Will it stop Abhiraj? Will her miseries end if she takes the matter to court or will it increase? Won't his influential family make the situation worse for her and her family? What if he becomes vindictive and takes revenge on her brutally? once he's freed or by chance got acquitted? Her fear, her worries weren't unreasonable either.

"Sneha, you've fought scum on the streets for an unknown girl, so giving up fighting your own battle isn't ideal or right."

"Fighting is easy when I'm the only one to suffer pros and cons but it's not when people dear to me could be harmed."

"Don't decide or do anything under the influence of emotion like he did."

"(Kehna jitna aasan, karna utna hi mushkil.) Easy to say, hard to do.''

"Probably, but you're certainly unaware of the strength of will, which makes even the impossible possible."

"Will? Yes, but what do I really want? Punish him? Or get rid of him? Is it possible to achieve both through the use of law?"

Listening to Sneha's words, Ankita sighed inwardly. Then getting off from bed walked towards the study table as Sneha watched her back thoughtfully.

"If you try, then probably yes, but without doing anything, certainly no."

"I don't think I can do that, I can't Bhabhi."

Well aware of her fear of him, her worries for them and her dilemma. Ankita shook her head when her gaze fell on the idol of Shri Krishn, gazing at it for minute mutely she smiled faintly then inquired calmly.

"Listening to Shri Krishn, if Arjun can fulfil his duty as a warrior to fight a tremendous war against his own. For justice and righteousness then why as his devotee you can't gather the courage to do the same for justice and yourself?"

"But Bhabhi, he was a legendary warrior and a royal prince, he was trained to fight and it was easy for him but."

"Despite all that, he felt the irresistible urge to drop his weapon, due to his attachment towards his Pitamah, his Guru and his Uncles. Why? Because more than warrior or prince, he was a human being like us filled with emotion. Isn't it?"