Chapter 85: The Day of Marriage (Part 1,2 & 3)

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

The matchmaker's words stabbed at Ren Wan Yun's heart, and she almost fainted. Shen Qing, however, remained expressionless, appearing almost lifeless as she gazed at her reflection in the bronze mirror. If not for her blinking eyes, one might have mistaken her for a corpse.

As the matchmaker began threading her face, a procedure that made one's skin fair and clear but was known to be quite painful, Shen Qing remained stoic. She did not cry out in pain or show any emotion, even though most noble young ladies would typically express some discomfort. Seeing Shen Qing's unresponsive demeanor during the procedure, Ren Wan Yun couldn't help but shed tears.

When the matchmaker saw how the bride displayed no joy but rather an overwhelming sense of despair, she realized something was amiss. She refrained from offering any auspicious words and hastened to complete Shen Qing's makeup before making an excuse to leave.

Now, only Ren Wan Yun and Shen Qing were left in the room, along with a few maids.

Ren Wan Yun's tears flowed uncontrollably. In just a few months, she had aged considerably, her once youthful appearance now marred by the weight of her suffering. The once plump and elegantly dressed lady had transformed into a much older woman, her face lined with wrinkles and her hair now showing streaks of white.

"Mother, don't worry," Shen Qing spoke first. Her voice sounded hoarse and strange, as if she was on the verge of crying, yet there was also a hint of laughter. "The suffering I endure today won't be in vain. I'll seek revenge myself."

"Qing-er, I've failed you," Ren Wan Yun embraced her daughter.

Shen Qing allowed her mother's embrace, her voice still hoarse as she continued, "Father and Mother may not be able to help, but even so, I'll take revenge on my own." Her tone was filled with bitterness, a palpable sense of grievance. Shen Gui's cold gaze, Ren Wan Yun's unease, their inability to face her marriage, and Shen Qing's resentment toward her own parents were all evident in her words.

Ren Wan Yun felt like lightning had struck her heart upon hearing her daughter express hatred toward her. She understood how things had escalated to this point and knew it wasn't without reason. If she hadn't plotted against Jennie initially, if she had visited Wo Long Temple or if she hadn't sent the wrong person's name to Prince Yu, perhaps Shen Qing wouldn't be in this desperate situation.

A reluctant smile formed on her lips. "Qing-er, don't be afraid. I promise to seek revenge for you. Your Second Older Brother will make sure that little wretch pays for her deeds."

In the grand hall of the Shen residence, Old Shen Furen sat in the central seat with a stern expression. Shen Yuan Bo lay halfway in her arms, seemingly afraid of her strict demeanor and not daring to move.

"Make up for what?" Old Shen Furen questioned, her expression one of disdain. "After committing such a shameless act, she has the audacity to ask for more dowry. Number Two, you've raised a wonderful daughter." Old Shen Furen was proud and cared greatly about her reputation in public. Shen Qing's shameful actions, which had become known to all civil and military officials, made her feel as though she had lost face. Consequently, she loathed Shen Qing and her mother.

TN | The Malicious Empressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें