Chapter 7: Oak Wood Academy

Oak Wood Academy was Ding capital's academy.

Ming Qi's officials and the wealthy would often place their sons and daughters into Oak Wood Academy as Oak Wood Academy's teachers were perhaps geniuses or reputable scholars of the four scholarly fields. As for young noble females, they could also enter Oak Wood Academy with pride.

Shen Jennie also studied in Oak Wood Academy.

Unfortunately Shen Xin and Shen Furen were from military families and Eldest Brother, Shen Qiu, was someone who would have a headache if he were to study. Jennie was brought up by Old Shen Furen and she was a songstress who did not know many words. Jennie was taught by Third Shen Furen, Chen Rou Qiu. Chen Rou Qiu came from a family of scholars and at the beginning taught Jennie books that were difficult to understand. Kids would normally prefer to play so after much teaching, so Jennie completely hated reading and writing.

Chen Rou Qiu saw that Jennie did not like studying and did not force her, instead teaching her to pay attention to food and clothes, living the life of a delicate young lady. When she was of age to go to Oak Wood Academy, Jennie was unable to keep up with the lectures from the teachers and her knowledge was worse off than those at level one, and thus became the student at the bottom of the class. Since Jennie did not like studying, she became infamous throughout the entire Ding capital for being stupid and ignorant.

Among the three Di young ladies of the Shen family, Shen Yue was the famous one. She was learned in the four arts of Qin, chess, calligraphy and painting, and there was not one thing that was not perfect. Even though Shen Qing was not as outstanding as Shen Yue, she also did a good job, especially in embroidery, and was considered as first class in calculations. As someone who would be married and become the mistress of a family, if one had a good head for calculation, one would be able to increase the favours from the in-laws, so Shen Qing was also able to get the reputation of being competent.

The more outstanding Shen Yue and Shen Qing were, the more Jennie would appear as nothing. Even becoming incomparable to the Shu daughter of the Second household, Shen Dong Ling.

In the carriage, Jing Zhe asked, "Young Lady, why not travel together with Eldest Young Lady and Second Young Lady?"

Usually, Jennie would always want to take the same carriage as Shen Qing and Shen Yue as Jennie felt that having her older sisters with her would boost her courage. As for Shen Yue and Shen Qing, the reason they allowed this was most probably because with a stupid and foolish sister as comparison, they would naturally look better.

But now Jennie did not even want to put up the pretence of compliance.

"To begin with, these people are not from the same household, living under the same roof but walking on roads that are poles apart. So tell, why travel together?"

Jing Zhe did not know why she stuck her tongue out. The more her Young Lady spoke, the more she did not understand but she felt that this was also good. Jennie's character had been too weak and she would always let the Second and Third household make the decisions. This time, on the matter of her falling into the water, it seemed that she had her own ideas. This was correct, the status of the official Di daughter of the First household was not inferior to anyone, so why act like a maid.

In the other carriage, Shen Yue pulled the curtain back to secretly look behind and softly said, "Eldest Sister, Fifth Younger Sister is following behind."

"She is purposely throwing a fit at me." Shen Qing coldly scoffed. In front of Shen Yue, she never bothered to conceal her contempt of Jennie, "Let her be, anyways the person who would be disgraced would not be me."