Chapter 6 : Sparring with sensei

Two days had passed since the invasion of Konoha and Sakura return. Both her and Sasuke had to stay in the hospital because of their broken ribs. But after they got released, she went directly home to make sure her parents were alright.

The next day, she had had barely the time to wake up and prepare to go out for her morning training session, when her mother knocked on the door of her room.

- Sakura, your sensei is downstairs. He said he wanted to talk to you.

Even thought she knew that her sensei would want to ask her some question about her new skills, she was agreeably surprise he had made the effort of coming to her house instead of just talking after one of their usual reunion with team 7.

- I’m coming.

She heard her mother go back down and she quickly put on her clothes before taking her pouch and attaching it to her right thigh.

When she arrived downstair, she saw her sensei seated on the living room sofa with a cup of tea in his hand. Her mother was in the kitchen preparing her lunch.

- Good morning sensei.

- Good morning, Sakura-chan. I hope it’s not too early to talk a little.

- Not at all sensei. Thought I was going to start my morning training session. So would you mind if we talk while I do it?

Kakashi-sensei seemed a little taken aback by the fact she was actually training but ended up nodding. She quickly let her mother know they were heading out before putting on her sandal and going outside.

She started her training session by running once around all Konoha. Kakashi following in her lead slowly running along side her. The silence between them stayed for about fifteen minutes during which Kakashi sensei seemed to observe her. Finally, thought, he started talking.

- I see your stamina has greatly augmented since one month ago.

- I trained.

Her answers sounded cold even thought it wasn’t her intention but she couldn’t stop herself from remembering the total disinterest her sensei had show about her a month ago.

He seemed a little surprised at her cold response but ended up asking her more questions.

- What about you healing Sasuke? When I went to check on him at the hospital, the nurse told me whoever had closed his wound had done a perfect job. But you never learned medical ninjutsu, Sakura.

She had expected her sensei to ask her how she had been able to heal Sasuke wound. After all, she had effectively never learnt medical ninjutsu and it wasn’t something anyone could learn and alone at that.

But she had do it, whit some help from inner, but she had still do it nearly by herself. She obviously couldn’t tell her sensei about the second soul in her mind so she opted for a more believable answers.

- I learned medical ninjutsu during the past month by myself. I can’t do much for now thought, barely heal wound but no broken ribs or anything worse.

Kakashi sensei looked at her slightly shocked but she didn’t seems to realize it. He started thinking that maybe there was more to his female student that appeared on the outside.

- That’s pretty impressive, Sakura. No one just learn medical ninjutsu alone.

She nodded and started running in the direction of the training ground has she had just finished running. Once they arrived to the training ground, Sakura started stretching a little while Kakashi keep staring at her.

- Let’s spar, Sakura.

She raise her head so fast that she nearly hurt herself. Kakashi sensei had just asked her to spar. That was something he had never done in all the time she had been his student. During training, only Sasuke and Naruto sparred between them. She usually was left on the side to do her own training while Kakashi looked over her comrade.