𝟐 | 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Why not? This is what we talked about. Me using my speed to do good," Barry responded earnestly.

"We talked about you helping contain other people who have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-humans," she reminded. "And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any."

"People in the city still need help," Barry insisted, his hands on his hips. "And I can help them."

"We can help them," Cisco added with a grin.

"Sophia, will you please say something?" Caitlin asked exasperatedly, turning to the girl who was standing next to her and sipping her coffee.

Sophia swallowed her drink before sighing. "I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own . . . angry way, is that we're just beginning to understand what your body is capable of."

"I don't want to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells called out as he entered the room, rolling over to them and gaining their attention. "But I do caution restraint."

"Dr. Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today," Barry pointed out as he shook his head.

"In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things." Dr. Wells began to turn around, a knowing smile on his face. "Know your limits."

Caitlin walked in front of Barry before she scoffed, "Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something."

Barry's expression became baffled as she walked away, but he quickly turned to Cisco when his hand came onto his shoulder.

"Hey, uh, anything happen out there today? The sensors in the suit were kicking back some weird telemetry. Your vitals spiked for a few seconds."

Barry's face broke out into a grin that didn't seem to reach his eyes. "Never felt better."

"Barry," Sophia murmured, her eyebrows furrowing as she stared at him with disbelief. "Are you—"

"I'm fine," he reassured her, nodding.

She frowned but said no more as Cisco took a buzzing phone out of his pocket and handed it to Barry, who accepted the call and raised it to his ear as he walked away from them.

Sophia and Cisco joined Caitlin as they huddled around the main desk, speaking quietly to Dr. Wells, who was sitting behind the right side.

Suddenly, lightning zipped past them as Barry sprinted away, causing papers to fly and all of their hair to blow to the side.

Dr. Wells looked at the entrance with an amused smile. "When do you think he'll realize he didn't take his clothes?"

— 𝐵 —

Barry stepped into the gun shop that was surrounded by police cars and officers, donning the clothes that he had taken from the shop across the street (he had left money in the cash register, don't worry).

He rushed up to Joe and Captain Singh, a little out of breath as he began, "Hey. Sorry I'm late."

"Doing a little fall shopping, Mr. Allen?" quipped Captain Singh as Joe ripped the tag off Barry's coat.

"Oh." Barry's eyes widened. "I was going so fast this morning, I didn't even notice."

The captain gave a fake laugh before his expression became serious once more, and Joe held out a pair of gloves.

Barry took them quickly and slipped them on as he ducked under the yellow crime scene tape in front of them.

"I downloaded surveillance footage off the new camera," Eddie said from behind him.