𝟐 | 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄

— 𝒮 —

"𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒?" The look of horror on Caitlin's face was exactly what Sophia had been expecting while they made their way from the elevator doors and to the Cortex. "He really did that?"

"Mhm." Sophia nodded as Caitlin took a sip from the coffee in her mug. "It was disgusting. And he really thought that I'd want to see him again. Yeah, after he took the fork and just—wait . . ."

"What?"

Sophia held up a hand to silence her and tiptoed her way to the Cortex. She peered in to see that all of the monitors and screens were turned on, displaying maps and vitals that quickly fluctuated.

Cisco was sitting in the middle chair at the main desk, watching intensely as he sucked on a lollipop. He was wearing an earpiece, and he spoke into the microphone, "You there yet?"

Sophia snuck up behind him. She tapped his shoulder. "Cisco!"

"Nothing!" He immediately pushed a button on the keyboard, and all of the screens turned black before he whipped around to face the two women with a phony smile.

"Who are you talking to?" Caitlin asked with an irritated expression; she definitely knew who he was talking to.

"No one," Cisco mumbled, quickly shaking his head.

Sophia crouched down so that her face was level with Cisco's as she leaned forward and accused, "Are you talking to Barry?"

Cisco feigned confusion as he scrunched his face and tilted his head. "Who?"

"Barry Allen. Struck by lightning, in a coma for nine months . . ." Caitlin explained as she took a couple of steps towards him, shrugging nonchalantly. ". . . Able to run faster than the speed of sound. Ring a bell?"

He shook his head, his eyes wide. "Nope, haven't talked to him."

"Cisco, there's fire everywhere," spoke Barry through the speaker, his voice frantic. "Cisco, can you hear me?"

Both women's expressions morphed into glares as they looked towards Cisco, who gave them a nervous smile and giggle.

After a couple of moments, Barry spoke again, and they could practically hear the grin in his voice, "Everybody's out. What else you got for me, Cisco?"

Sophia sighed and stepped over to the microphone that protruded from the right side of the desk, and spoke into it, "Hey, Barry, it's Sophia."

"Oh, heeeey, girl" —Barry's voice suddenly became nervous— "how's your day going?"

"You should get back to STAR Labs," Sophia warned as she looked over to Caitlin, who was beginning to whisper angrily to an agitated Cisco. "Now."

Barry sighed. "On my way."

He arrived no less than five seconds later, panting slightly as he put his hands on his hips. He gave them the same phony smile that Cisco had on earlier. "Hey, guys, what's—"

"Have you both lost your minds? Who do you think you are?" Caitlin questioned angrily as she grabbed her tablet from the medical room on the right, leading the men back over to the desk as she walked.

"Well, I'm the ears and he's the feet!" Cisco protested with a small shrug

"This isn't funny. You could have gotten yourself killed!" Caitlin said indignantly as she placed her tablet on the desk and turned towards them. "You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman."