"Fuck," I grumbled as he leapt into the road, with no disregard for the cars that could've killed him.

I took a deep breath and ran across the road as well, cringing at the series of car horns. I couldn't bring myself to care that much since I needed my laptop.

He looked over his shoulder, checking to see if I was still following and god damn it; I was.

He ran down a sidewalk, bumping into several civilians who did not seem to enjoy it.

My lungs were starting to burn, but I couldn't give up my laptop. This punk was not getting away with it.

He jumped a fence, leading to an alley in between two creepy buildings. I was not skilled at jumping fences, so that slowed me down a bit. My lanky legs and awkward body structure did not come in handy.

I ended up falling face first on the other side, but got up and followed the kid into some homeless area. I breathed heavily as I looked around at the homeless people. Some were huddled together, and others were sitting by themselves. I was struck with instant guilt and pity.

They all looked so miserable, yet I didn't say anything to them. I just followed until I saw the boy pull a curtain back of a small crawl space made of old boxes and blankets.

"Hey!" I exclaimed as I jogged up to him. I reached out and grabbed his shoulder before he could go any further.

He sighed in defeat and turned around.

When I got a better look at him, I realized that he looked really nice for a street rat. From his dark hair that somehow looked great, to his smooth olive skin, to his chocolate brown eyes, to his snatched eyebrows...this kid was easy on the eyes. Although, he was probably like 16 so I hopped off of that train instantly.

A coy smirk formed on his face as he gave me a one-over.

"Give it back," I ordered.

"Give what back?" He retorted sarcastically. He glanced down at the laptop in his arms, "Oh, this? I didn't think you wanted it, seeing as though you left your car unlocked for anyone to take it," he pointed out with a shrug.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "It won't last you that long anyway. In case you didn't know, laptops run on electricity," I retorted sarcastically.

"Ooh, feisty. I like them feisty," he stated coyly, smirking up at me.

"Sorry, I don't do children," I remarked as I grabbed the laptop and yanked it out of his grasp.

"I'm 19, actually," he informed me before yanking the laptop away from me again.

"Give. It. Back," I ordered, glaring down at him.

"I guess your expensive apartment, car, TV, and trophy girlfriend aren't enough, huh? You just really need the computer too. Even though you could probably afford a new one," he retorted bitterly.

I opened my mouth to argue with him, but someone interrupted.

"Hey, is this faggot giving you trouble?" A broad homeless looking man spat as he and 4 other guys approached us.

I noticed the boy's confident façade falter as he looked up at the man.

"Come on Trev, let's really teach him a lesson this time," one of his friends taunted.

"Trev" took my laptop from the boy and shoved it toward me, "Get out of here, and we'll take care of Mitchy here," he threatened before looking back at the boy who looked nervous, much different than a few seconds earlier.