•《Chapter XXI》•

As the week came and passed, Arianna got ready for her graduation. She was so excited to finally be done with high school. She had thought a lot about what was to come of her after her senior year; ultimately she decided to take a gap year to figure out what she wanted to do. And of course to spend more time with her mates. Soon enough Arianna found herself surrounded by her peers sitting in the gymnasium of Forks High School. She sat in a sea of yellow caps and gowns.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up..." Jessica Stanley stood up at the podium with a nervous smile on her face, "our answers were things like astronaut, president... or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked us again and we answered rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well how about this: Who the hell knows?!"

Everyone laughed, Arianna sat next to Alice and they both looked at eachother with smiles. Jessica took a pause to let the audience quiet down before continuing.

"This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love– a lot. Major in philosophy cause there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing permanent... so make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know."

The crowd erupts in cheers as Jessica finishes. Arianna cheered loudly for her friend. As Jess makes her way back to her seat the principal gets up and starts calling out names. Arianna is one of the firsts to get called. She could hear her mates cheering for her, but the loudest of all was her father. He stood up clapping,

"That's my daughter!" He yelled as loud as he could, Arianna shook her head embarrassed as she went back to her seat. As she sat down she found him and gave him the middle finger.

After everyones' names were called the students all stood up and threw their caps in the air, bringing the ceremony to an end. They had survived high school.

Arianna had quickly found her father outside in the parking lot, and ran up to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up, spinning her around once before setting her down. He pulled her into a tight and warm hug.

"I'm so proud of you, sweetie." He mumbled into her hair. "And I know your mom and brother would be too."

"Thank you dad." She replied with a sad smile. It hurt knowing that they couldn't be there with them for this. It hurt knowing her brother couldn't experience this with her.

"How about we go to the diner with Charlie and Bella before you head to that party?" Daniel asks.

"That sounds great."

°•°•°•°•°

It was finally evening and Arianna got ready in her room. Bella had joined her; they listened to music as Arianna did her makeup. She decided to go with a neutral eyeshadow with winged eyeliner and a nude lip. She slipped on her dress which was a tan and white checkered keyhole dress with scrunched sleeves. She threw her brown teddy zip up hoodie over it and finished it off with tan booties.

"Are you really gonna wear that?" She asked Bella as she examined her choice of clothing. Bella wore her usual blue jeans with a blue blouse and converse.