•《Chapter XVIII》•

The two human girls were at the Cullens house. Bella stood by Edward who was pacing back and forth, he was visibly stressed. Arianna stood by herself in the corner, she was wary of her mates except for Bella, they all lied to them and she did not appreciate it at all. The group could all tell she was upset and as much as they wanted to run up and hug her they stayed away. The Cullens were all talking at vampiric speed amongst themselves, and Bella was getting frustrated. Ari was impartial; she was too busy thinking about what to say to them when she chose to speak.

"No Alice, It was a stranger. I didn't recognise his scent." Edward muttered.

"Could you guys please, like speak out loud." Bella said in frustration, Edward gave her a quick apology.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passer-by wouldn't have left Bellas father alive." Rosalie commented, she was bored of the saving Bella talk but she wouldn't voice it in front of Ari. Suddenly Jasper enters the house from the front door and walks in, Arianna didn't even notice he was missing.

"His scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." He told them.

"Someone's orchestrated this." Edward stated.

"Victoria..."

"No, it has to be the Volturi." Edward wasn't sure.

"Check to see if I've changed?"

"I don't think it was the Volturi either. I've been watching Aro's decisions." Alice told them all.

"We need to take shifts at Bella's house–" Carlisle was quickly cut off.

"Another protection detail?" It was Rosalie, this angered Arianna a little bit.

"Rosalie..."

"She's right. You can't watch over me, my dad, and search for the intruder, and for Victoria, and keep yourselves fed. Your eyes are black– when was the last time you went hunting? You're already too busy protecting me." The last part was directed at Edward.

"I'm not about to let you fend for yourself." He murmured.

"And I'm not about to let you starve, besides I have-"

"What?"

°•°•°•°•°

After they had come back from talking to Jacob the whole family and the girls sat in the living room. Arianna was still giving them the silent treatment bar Bella who was in the same boat as her; frustrated with all the lying and the secret keeping. Arianna knew that if she wanted this relationship to work that she would have to let her thoughts be known, she would not stand to be left out of the loop. Especially when it came to the safety and well being of her and her human mate.

The TV played softly in the background, the brunette was looking at it, but not actually watching. She knew Edward could hear her thoughts and she was thankful he didn't say anything to the others. She sat on the lone armchair off in the corner of the room. The others were littered around the room in the respective coupling and they all watched her and waited for her to say something.