thirteen

A cold, white winter morning has come to Frostford and Clarke is flipping pancakes in the inn (she knows exactly how to do it now!)

Lexa is still supporting Anya through the pleasant shock that came with seeing all the finished papers. "Can we hire her like- forever? That woman is a machine! What? All that hard work is manageable in a day? That's insane!"

She doesn't really stop until Jaha stands at the counter and she kindly gives him the whole stack (she's pretty sure that asshole knows what he's doing, nobody else would send so many papers in such a short time in a town with internet problems, and his surprised face is proving her point).

"Did you have a good trip here, Mr. Jaha? The roads are pretty snowed-in."

"Everything is snowed-in in this town," he complains. "But today, at least you can drive from A to B. Which you should do, by the way, I had breakfast here and I have to say, the bread from Luna's Bakery is so much better!"

Lexa smiles. "We'll take the criticism into accound, thank you."

"Yeah yeah. Well, until next year."

"Yes, see you next year, Mr. Jaha."

Lexa turns around when he's gone and rolls her eyes. "Wanna know a secret, Clarke? Luna's bread and our bread is the exact same thing because she delivers it."

Clarke grins. "Guess he couldn't find anything else."

"Seriously. But I'm going to take his advice anyway, I'll drive over and check in with Luna because of the Christmas market, it's supposed to be this weekend but the snow may make it difficult. And Clarke, I actually remembered we do have a real spa in Frostford," Lexa says proudly. "It's at the other end of the town, we could go if you want to. I've never been and it's small, but I've heard good things."

Before Clarke can reply, Anya says, "Lexa..." in a tone Clarke can't pinpoint. She seems tenser.

"What?"

Anya raises her brow as if she's trying to communicate something silently, something Clarke isn't supposed to hear.

"Clarke saved us so much trouble, she deserves a reward. And spa doesn't sound bad," Lexa argues.

"You really don't have to," Clarke injects. "If you don't feel like it, we could just watch a movie or do something else fun, I really don't care."

With a pointed look towards Anya, Lexa says, "We can go to the spa and watch a movie, Clarke."

-

"I don't have anything to wear," Clarke says a few hours later, getting ready for her trip to the town's small spa. "No swimwear."

Lexa hums in thought and says, "I recently bought a new bikini I haven't used yet, you could have that. I'm not sure it fits you but you can try."

"Thank you so much," Clarke says with a bright smile and Lexa hands her the package with her bikini that has disappeared somewhere in her closet. "I owe you so much."

"Say thank you after you've tried it on."

Five minutes later, Clarke laughs from the bathroom and Lexa asks, "What?" so that Clarke comes outside wearing Lexa's bikini and just so stops Lexa's entire existence as if it meant nothing.

To put it politely, the bikini is... too small.

The bottom is fine, but to say the top is tight would be an understatement. It's one of those triangle bikinis which, in Lexa's case, would have been sufficient in size but that just barely covers Clarke up.

Her breasts spill over the fabric, soft and lush and overflowing, almost indecently so, and Lexa is unwell after seeing Clarke in nothing really but big knitted sweaters for a week.