4- Letters From No One

Começar do início

Those who are watching cringe at the uniform while Aphrodite shakes her head at the outfit, not approving.

"Awww, smile." Petunia takes a photograph of him. She gasps in joy. "Vernon, just look at him. I can't believe it. In just a week, you'll be off to Smeltings."

"Caveat Smeltona. Proudest moment of my life." Vernon grins at his family.

[Euphemia quietly watches the family, her neck healed from when Vernon choked her. Petunia notices Euphemia standing off to the side, watching them.]

"You will be going to the state school where you belong." Petunia sneers at Euphemia, who shrinks at the attention of the family. The woman goes to the kitchen and fishes out a gray shirt in a boiler. "And this is what you're gonna be wearing when I've finished dyeing it."

"It won't fit me." Euphemia quietly says to her aunt.

"It'll fit you well enough. Go get the post." Euphemia then heads to the hallway. "Go!" Petunia shouts after her.

[Euphemia leaves the living room area into the hallway and picks up some letters, one of which had her name on it with her address of where she slept. Uncle Vernon and Dudley sit at the table while Aunt Petunia is busy fixing breakfast. Euphemia walks in with the mail and hands it to Uncle Vernon, then walks to her seat with her letter.]

"They knew?!" People shout. Amary shrugs, not knowing the answer.

"Self writing quills." Luna's soft voice echoes, which makes people look at her and see Draco nodding along with her.

"Because there are so many students, they use self writing quills." Draco gives more information.

"Oh, Marge is ill! Ate a funny whelk." Vernon says after reading a postcard.

"Should have killed her." Amary's voice is heard by everyone as she scowls at the thought of the vile woman.

Her answer surprises everyone as she's typically a nice person unless they really do something to make her hate them.

Her answer makes the Greeks think that Percy is a lot more like his mother than they believed.

[Dudley suddenly notices Euphemia's letter and runs to grab it from her.]

"Dad! Look! Euphemia's got a letter!" Dudley shouts, giving it to his father.

"Give it back. It's mine." She raises her voice for the first time in a while.

"Yours? Who'd be writing to you?" Vernon sneers at the girl.

"The entire wizarding world!" The witches and wizards shout at the screen. This shocks the Greeks, it was said that she was famous but not how famous.

They look towards said woman who is just holding her sons close and cringes at the reminder of her fame.

[The family gathers to look at the address. There is a broken seal on the letter. The family looks up and Euphemia gulps in fear. Much later, another owl flies by with a letter and drops it off. Inside, Vernon grabs a handful of letters and rips them up. In the closet, Euphemia is playing with her stuffed animals and hears a whirring noise. She looks out at Vernon drilling wood over the letterbox opening.]

"No more mail through this letterbox."

[She just quietly closes the cupboard door. The next day, Vernon and Petunia are outside the door. Vernon is about to head off to work. Petunia kisses his cheek.]

People gag and look away from the screen while Aphrodite purses her lips, looking at the couple on screen with narrowed eyes.

"Have a lovely day at the office, dear." Petunia stops, looks, and sees a bunch of owls.