Chapter 59: Elaine's Fourth Birth-Day!

Start from the beginning

"Umm, I don't understand any of that?" Said Elaine, looking at Maria and Marcus for a more straightforward explanation.

"You'll naturally learn more about the capabilities of your physique as you begin cultivating, but basically, your physique allows you to blend in with the surrounding space and hide from our senses. This is merely the tip of the iceberg of what your physique can truly do, but as I said, you'll learn more about it in the future." Said Maria, explaining it as simply as possible to Elaine lest she gets even more confused.

"Well, now that we've finished determining Elaine's aptitude, we can now move on to the part where she learns the Royal Elven Cultivation Manual." Declared Marcus, snapping his fingers, which caused everyone to be transferred before the Erdtree.

I completely ignored the Erdtree and instead stared at Elaine, waiting to see her reaction when she laid her eyes on the Erdtree, and I must say, her reaction was practically the same as mine.

"W-W-What is that!?" Asked Elaine in utter shock as she stared at the Erdtree in absolute astonishment.

"It's just a tree, dear sister; calm down." Replied Elif with a cheeky smirk.

The way she looked at my face in pure bewilderment almost caused me to lose my composure and laugh; however, I managed to hold myself together, if barely.

"Brother, that is not JUST a tree. That's a MASSIVE tree! The biggest tree I've ever laid my eyes on!" Said Elaine, almost yelling at Elif in shock.

"Ok, dear, I believe you've gawked at the Erdtree enough, and close your mouth; you're a Princess, have some etiquette." Said Tiana, chuckling at Elaine and also at having remembered that she said the exact words to Elif as well.

As we made our way to the royal library, Elaine didn't say anything as she seemed too preoccupied with the Erdtree in front of her; she only took her eyes off it when she noticed the large double doors.

"Are we going insi-" Said Elaine, after having stood there for a bit. However, she stopped talking as she noticed a ripple appear directly in front of the large doors before Charles eventually stepped through, making the same entrance when Elif first visited.

"Oh my, I get to see my children twice within one-hundred-thousand years; heaven must've blessed me." Commented Charles with a large smile as he noticed a little girl standing beside Elif.

"Are you going to be that petty father? with our long lifespan, one-hundred-thousand years might as well be a few seconds." Said Tyler, annoyed at Charles's pettiness.

"Hmm, I guess you're right, so in that case, I should ignore your presence for another one-hundred-thousand years and focus on something else; how about my great-grandchildren? Welp, from that interaction, I assume you've figured out I'm your great-grandfather, Elaine; the names Charles, by the way." Said Charles, ignoring Tyler and focusing on Elaine.

"Those are some rude thoughts you have about your great-grandfather, don't you think so? No, I didn't read your mind, ok" Said Charles with a smile as he shook his head from Elaine's shocked expression.

"Are you sure you didn't read her mind, great-grandfather? You did say something oddly specific." Commented Elif with doubt laced in his voice.

"Oh please, Elif, it was written all over her face; she practically wanted me to know what she was thinking. Now going back to you, Elaine, as it's your fourth birthday, I'll take you to where you'll learn the Royal Elven Cultivation manual, so follow me." Said Charles, turning around and walking into the royal library after having bantered with Elif shortly.

"Hmm, what's everyone doing? Didn't great-grandfather say to follow him?" Asked Elaine after noticing no one was walking alongside her.

"We can't, dear; it's a tradition that the Prince and Princess must learn the Royal Elven Cultivation manual by themselves. So until you finish, we'll be waiting here outside." Stated Marcus, as everyone else, agreed with him.

"Besides Elaine, you'll easily breeze through it." Said Elif, hoping to encourage her.

Realizing we weren't going to be with her, she sighed before quickly turning around and slowly disappearing into the royal library, all to begin her first step on the cultivation journey.

"So, are we just going to stand here and do nothing?" Said Elif, having stood here for a while before pulling the quạt tay out of his storage ring and fanning himself with it.

"Well, that depends; do you have anything better to do than waiting for your beloved sister while she's undergoing something incredibly important in her life?" Answered Maria as she looked at her firstborn with knowing eyes.

"Touché."

'Still, I can't believe Elaine's already going to become a cultivator; it seems like just a month ago that I, myself, started cultivating for the first time, and now my little sister is doing the same. I suppose time really does fly once you start cultivating.' Thought Elif with a smile as he began reminiscing about everything that had transpired over the last two years.

'Over the last two years, nothing interesting has happened; at least nothing interesting for me. Marley, along with the rest of the strongest nobles, have managed to successfully step into the Divine realm after having survived their Heavenly tribulation. However, I heard that even after over a year, only Marley has been able to advance one minor realm. Nonetheless, I'm not one bit worried because even though they're in the Divine realm, I, myself, have just recently reached the peak of the Half-step Divine realm, meaning I'm just one step away from advancing into the Divine realm. Once I do that, I'll officially be the strongest among the younger generation, and by a wide margin at that.' Pondered Elif as a smirk adorned his face, though his quạt tay covered it up.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___

___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 183: Elaine The Assassin) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 64: Ring Of Eros(R18)) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 104: Madam Mirage?) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]