1.

Narrator POV

"Finally"
She whispered to herself and her eyes shinning bright like a diamond as she stepped out of the train arriving at Yongsan Station in Seoul and the very next moment she screamed out
"wooohooo, I'm finally in Seoul"
and started throwing punches in the air.

After a while she realized what she did and got super nervous gazing her surroundings as people gave her weird looks, she smiled awkwardly and started walking off while dragging her suitcase with her and also scolded herself for being a fool out there.

Y/N POV

Setting my luggage, I took the seat in the cab and told the driver to drive me at the particular address.
My lips curved up forming into a smile as I admired the beauty of Seoul. Suddenly the scene from before played in my head as I chuckled for being all idiotic but I cannot deny the excitement I had in me and it's still there.

I am now going to study in Hyosan High school in Seoul and not just that but Lia my best friend, more like a sister to me is also attending the same one. It's been years I haven't met her but from today onwards we'll be always together and I couldn't stop smiling thinking about it.
Our bond is just so special and I couldn't deny the fact that I could never be able to have a friend like her. She was like a blessing to me. I couldn't help myself but think about the time we first met.

*Rewinding the past*

Daegu, my hometown where my bitter yet the most sweetest memories were stored.
My parents died in a car accident when I was five, none of my parents relatives took me in their family as I would just be one more member adding to their expenses.

One of my father's cousin handed me to the orphanage as I was an orphan now. The caretaker took me in giving a room to stay and made me laugh and smile, I got really comfortable with her she was kind and sweet. She took me out in the garden telling me I could make new friends. I was so scared and nervous looking at all the childrens playing, some of them studying, painting etc. While I was nervous out there a cute girl approached to me

"Hello!! Are you new here?" She asked.
"Ye-yes" I said. Her smile widened up as she stretched out her hand
"My name is Lia. I am 5 year old. Would you like to be my friend?"
I was stunned by her boldness but I shook my hand with her giving her a smile.
"I am y/n the same age as you. And yes I would love to be your friend"

Months passed, we were at the age of eleven we got attached with each other so much that one wasn't able to sleep without the other. Lia was like a matured kid different from all of us and I was proud of her. I was the happiest when I was with her. Those were one of our memorable times we could ever forget.

Suddenly one day, Lia was called by the caretaker and my curious self followed them, as I reached the door I saw a beautiful lady with a man standing out with a cute teddy bear in her hands.

"Lia, From now onwards you will have a home and these will be your parents. They want you to bless them with yourself. Do you want to go with them?" The caretaker asked Lia very sweetly.

Lia was all tensed and nervous and that was my first time seeing her like that. All I ever saw was a bold Lia but now this is something new to me.

The beautiful lady crouched down to Lia's level and gave her the most sweetest smile which made Lia blush.
"Hello, I am Kim Sara and that's my husband Kim Yong Dae. We love kids a lot but sadly we don't have one. I am as nervous as you are right now and I don't want to make you uncomfortable but I want to ask you this. Would you like to be my daughter?"

Lia's eyes shined as she was in tears but also with a smile on her face.
"I thought no one ever wanted me as my own parents abandoned me here, I was so upset about it until I made a friend here whose always there for me, she is my first friend and my star in my life, she made me feel that I am important. And Today I feel so happy  rather than my friend now that I have a father and a mother." Lia said

Sara broke down in tears as Kim Yong Dae her father hugged her tightly
"Thank you so much, Lia for accepting us"
He said while giving a peck on her forehead.

"I will never make you feel that way, you are now the most important one in my life whose value is more than my life. You are now my daughter, I love you and will always do."

Sara hugged her as she caressed her hair.
"I love you too Mama and Papa" Lia said.

The whole scene made me broke down into tears of happiness. I was so happy for her. She finally got her happiness.

We cried hugging each other as she left the place and went to Seoul her new home. I missed her so much, it was like a hell to me without her. I thought I will manage living without her but it was really hard for me so the caretaker used to make a call at her place and we used to talked for hours.

The caretaker told me that if I study well than she will be able to send me in Seoul high school when I turn 16.
I studied hard and put all of my efforts in it. And my hardwork did not disappoint me. I feel proud of myself that with my good marks I get to enter the most prestigious high school in Seoul.

*Present Time*

The cab made a stop bringing out from my deep thoughts
"Ma'am you're here" he said
I gave him the money as he helped me taking out my luggage and went towards the door.
I was about to rang the bell but the door swing opened and a koala was all over me, who was none other than Lia.

"Oh come on Lia, let her come inside first. She's already tired after traveling and your making her out of breath."
Her mother shouted but Lia completely ignored her.

"I missed you. Oh let me see your face, it's been like ages I haven't seen you." Lia whispered into my ears.
She cupped my cheeks as she scanned my face.
"Your cutesy is killing me" she said.

We were sitting on the dinning table as her mother cooked so many dishes.
"Wow, mom you never even cooked so much on my birthday's" Lia pouted
"All this is for my daughter, y/n" she said while caressing my head as I gave her my genuine smile.
"Thank you so much, mother" I said
"Papa you see this, mom completely forgot me now that she has y/n." Lia said with a pout.
"It's okay to be jealous sometimes Lia" he teased her as she glared and we all laughed and spend our time happily.

-----:::::::::<×>:::::::::-----

Boring?? Yes probably such a long ass chapter but don't worry the coming chapters won't disappoint you. I promise.