Chapter 16: Los Angeles International Speedway PT 2

[Then the Dinoco pit crew notice Doc in his look, murmuring as they see him.]

Chick's Crew: Is that? Oh, wow. That's him!

TV Crew: Is that--? That's the Hudson Hornet! Bob, Darrell, the Hudson Hornet's back!

Bob Cutlass: Darrell, it appears McQueen has got himself a pit crew. And look who he has for a crew chief! [All of the cameramen turn their cameras to show Doc, and the crowd then notices him.]

Larry: Whoa! Look, man. It's the Hudson Hornet!

Albert Hinkey: Whoa!

R.M.: Well, dip me in axle grease and call me Slick! It surely is![A whistle is heard, and the crowd then cheers. The screen then shows a TV at Flo's V8 Cafe showing Doc, as Sally, Red and Lizzie are watching the race on TV back in Radiator Springs.]

Bob Cutlass: Wow, this is history in the making. Nobody has seen the racing legend in over 50-Years!

Lizzie: [noticing Doc on the TV, not realizing it is him] Hey, Doc! Come look at the fellow on the radio! He looks just like you!

[Sally giggles and Red chuckles. Then the screen shows McQueen and the gang catching up to the King and Chick, and they manage to get past.]

Bob Cutlass: McQueen and the Paw Patrol passes them on the inside!

Darrell Cartrip: But they're still nearly a lap down!

Bob Cutlass: Can they catch up to them with only 60 laps to go?!

Doc Hudson: You're going great, kid. Just keep your head on.

Guido: Vai, vai, vai! [pushes a cart of tires away]

Chick's crew: Hey, shrimpie, where did McQueen find you, huh? Those round things are called tires, and they go UNDER THE CAR!

All Chick's Crew: [laughing]

Guido: [angered] Con chi credi di parlare?! Ma, con chi stai parlando?!

Luigi: No, no, no! You'll have your chance; you'll have your chance.

[McQueen is then seen racing, progressing through the race. The number of laps done increased and by the last couple of laps)

(McQueen and the gang were catching up to Chick.)

Sweetie: This is it McQueen. We're almost there.

Lightning McQueen: You're right, we are. But hey guys...good luck.

Champ: You too. If you win, that's fine with us, but I'm sure we can all agree that we're not gonna let Chick take that cup, now are we.

Lightning McQueen: You're right. Let's do this.

(They managed to get to Chick and the King. The gang accelerated towards Chick. But Chick, seeing that his rivals were catching up, had other plans in mind.)

Chick: Oh, kid's just trying to be a hero, huh? Well, what do you think of this?! [hits McQueen, causing him to spin] Yeah, that's it, kid. [But McQueen manages to keep up with going backwards and past Chick.] What?!

Tow Mater: Whoa! GitRDone! [McQueen winks and turns back around. Mater laughs] I taught him that. [poses to Chick's pit crew] KA CHOW!

Chick's Crew: [getting their eyes hit by the sunlight reflecting off Mater's wing mirror] AH!!!

Bob Cutlass: What a move by McQueen, he's caught up to the leaders?