A House of Pain

As Sinderton walked up the path I realized where we were. 

"No, No please! Please! You said no more! You said I was done!" I screamed as flashbacks of a white sterile room that smelled of chemicals And a man standing over me. After that all I can remember is pain, so much pain... I screamed and kicked as adrenaline and fear started to override my thinking. 

I grabbed the wrist that was starting to hold me tighter and twisted it until I was let go. As I fell I pivoted my weight so when I landed I did no more damage to my leg. As I landed a hand shot out to grab me and without thinking I blocked it. To follow it up I sent a quick jab into the center of my targets jugular and I watched him fall to the ground. I turned to evade capture and a hand shot out from beneath me. As it wrapped around my ankle I shifted my weight so as to maximize the force in my leg when I sent it crashing into my targets face. But right before I started the swing I herd someone shout something that shut me down.

"Einheit alpha deaktivieren!" As I fell to the ground confused I saw Mom run over to me, but I finally succumbed to the exhaustion and the pain in my body. I watched as everything slowed down as I blacked out. 

~Charity~

"I thought that it was disarmed!" Mom screamed at Sinderton as she ran over to Max. I watched as Sinderton got up and limped over to where Mom was cradling Max. After Mom said that phrase he just dropped, like all the energy in his body just left his system.

"It was, I made sure of it..." He pulled out some kind of device and pointed it at Max. After it beeped he looked at it with concern. "Well it looks like he had a back door installed. The readings show that it was rearmed two hours ago. They both looked at each other and then at me.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Just then I heard a screeching sound, like a dying animal trying desperately to live. We all looked at the fence and the growing hoard of deformed monstrous creatures that had gathered. 

"Madame Governess! Are you alright?" I looked as a very young looking attendant ran up to us. I didn't recognize him from my many trips here so I guess he is new here. But it that wasn't important, what is important right now is getting somewhere safe away infected horde trying to get into the compound.

"Prepare the helicopter! We have to leave immediately! How many people are still here?" He looked down at his arm and pulled up a hologram of the building. It showed seven red dots scattered around the building.

"Most of the employees have been evacuated but the few left are your emergency evac crew. The helicopter will be prepped and ready to go in ten minutes. 

"What about the rest of the employees? Will they be eventuated as well?" She looked at the young attendant and he squirmed under her steely gaze.

"No Madame Governess, the council gave specific orders to take you and your children to safety." She shook her head and pulled up her arm and looked at her own holopod and pulled up a few things that I didn't recognize. After a minute it started to glitch out and then it went blank with only the words displayed informing us that we had lost connection to the main network. 

"Damn it! I don't care what has to be done," she said as she tore it off her arm and threw it to the ground "I want everyone evacuated from this building as soon as possible!" The man cringed in fear and nodded his head.

"Y-yes Madame, right away" he Stammered as he scurried away. As we walked up the path to the building the hoard got larger, increasing the moans and angry hisses. Every now and then there was a scream as some unseen person fell to the hands of one of those things. 

As we walked into the building I fought the rush of panic and pain that Max must have felt as the memories came rushing back to me as well. ''This is more than an embassy ''I thought as we entered the lobby. "This is a house of pain, and I will make it out of here again."