Evacuation

In the hall was complete chaos, with people running back and forth from room to room looking for loved ones, a place to hide or fighting each other. But Sinderton did not pause, he went straight for the elevator at the end of the hall. As we hurried down the hall I looked into the rooms that were open (don't judge me you would do it to) and I see the glimpses of these families that have no hope of getting out of here. But as we come across one of the last rooms in the hall I see a little girl sitting alone in a dark room and it makes me pause. Apparently I am not the only one who notices because a girl, about seventeen, starts to walk towards her. As she dose I notice that her hair is a golden brown hue, this goes with her designer outfit and I can't help but think that I have seen her before. I watch as she reaches out to the little girl but she seems oblivious to her so she steps closer. As she dose the little girl whips her head up and lets out a shrill cry and jumps at her, bearing half rotten teeth with an animal like hiss. And this frightens the girl so much that she falls down, but as she tries to crawl away the little girl jumps on her. As I watched the little girl starts to bite her over and over trying to rip through her leather jacket with the girl under her trying desperately to get free. So to try to help her I ran over and tried to push the little girl off of her but the little girl would not budge, so after a quick apology I swung back my suitcase and smashed it into her side, sending her flying into the room where figures have started to shuffle towards the door. As she gets up the little girl starts to run at the door shrieking motivating the other figures in the room to start to run for the door. So in a moment of quick thinking i smashed my suitcase into the automated door lock and slammed the door as it bolted itself shut. I looked at the girl behind me to see of she was OK. "Are you alright?" She looked up at me dazed.

"Um yea.... I think so.....thanks." she looked distantly around the room as the shock of what happened faded and the panic set in. "I have to go help my family!" she said this more to herself than to me but I nodded and let her return to her family as I returned to mine.

"Max!", Mom ran over to me and wrapped me in a hug of death "Where were you?!" She said in full panic mode. I thought I had lost you; please don't do that again!" I could see the stress and fear in her eyes causing a wave of fear to hit my stomach. Mom never gets scared.

"Mom whats going on?" She looked around nervously considering something.

"Not here, when we get to the evac center I will explain, but right now we need to hurry, OK?" I nodded.

"OK" She smiled quickly and we hurried back to Sinderton and Char who were at the elevator arguing with a tall angry man with a thick beard and red face.

"No one is using the elevator before I do! Do you know who I am?!" Said the angry bearded man.

Before Mom could say anything Sinderton pulled out a gun. "I'm quite aware who you are and what you do, but if you think that will cause me to let you put yourself in front of people who are more deserving then you are most certainly wrong. you will let the women and children on this elevator and you will take the stairs. Any questions?" The man looked at the gun for a moment and then looked at Sinderton.

"And if I refuse?" he said looking at everyone in one sweep of the room.

"Sir I have a firearm, you are in no position to argue." the elevator door opened with a cherry ding that did not fit the mood. As the doors opened the man lunged at a girl nearby and grabbed her pulling her with him towards the elevator like a human shield. But before anyone could react there was a loud bang and the man dropped. we all looked around as the girl rejoined her family and people started to enter the elevator with wary looks in Sinderton's direction. I looked at Sinderton who nonchalantly reloads the gun. As he looks at me he says with a grim expression. "hurry now, we have a helecopter to catch."