my danny

Billys POV

"B why did you shut me out?" Margo asks me as we get into my room.
"I'm sorry, I was scared. I couldn't live with myself knowing I couldn't protect you. Neil hit you and I couldn't do anything. I don't want to be like him." I immediately say trying to get it off of my chest. I'm glad to have her back, I never thought her saying those words would snap me back to reality. I feel the exact same way. I can't believe I didn't realize it. I've been in love with her. She's my Danny. I don't know when but I just know I love you. As soon as she said it, it caught me by surprise because I realized I love her as well.
"You're never gonna be like Neil. You are not Neil. He's a terrible person. I'm sorry he always hurts you b. Just please never shut me out again. I wanted to tell you I loved you after prom. We had a great night." Margo replies and I smiled at her. I want to cry for the way I treated her. I hold her close to me. I needed her.
"Are you okay?" She whispered while we were still holding each other.
"I'm better now." I said and she lifted my face to kiss me. We haven't kissed in so long. It lasted and felt amazing. I wanted her so bad. We just told each other for the first time that we love one another, in the rain. I'm still terrified of my dad hurting her again. I stopped kissing her as I remembered that memory.
"Baby, can we go to my house please?" Margo asked me and I looked back at her. She knew I wasn't okay. It's best if we leave, so he can't hurt her when he gets back. I nod yes at her and take her hand so we can leave.
"Wait." She stops me in the hallways and knocks on Max's door. She opens it and looks between us and then at our hands that are interlinked. Then she hugs Margo tightly, making her giggle.
"If they ask about billy, try and cover for him okay?" Margo tells max and she nods.
"Glad it worked out." Max said with a cheery grin before she closed her door. I help her into my car, rain still pouring and hurry into my seat. I start to drive to her house and remember the other day when max and Margo tried to trap us in the car. I was pretty angry, more at max then Margo.
"So what was the car plan all about?" I ask and Margo laughs.
"That didn't go as expected. Max had a plan to lock us together so you let me talk to you but well, it didn't work." She answered me and I smirked at her.
"I'm sorry." Is all I said, I felt like that's all I could say.
"I know you are." She replied and we smiled at each other. Margo pulled my hand off of my lap and played with my fingers. She does this thing where she'll glide her fingers slowly against mine. I missed this, I missed her. As we got to her house, I felt like my normal self. Part of me felt stupid for pushing her away but I'll learn from it.
"I missed you." I say as she locks the door and I push her on it, carefully. Our mouths connect, and I roam my hands on her body.
"I missed you." She breathlessly says and I tackle her neck with kisses. She eagerly takes my wet jacket off so I take hers off. I smile noticing its my denim jacket she practically stole since our first encounter. She moves my hair out of my face and stars into my eyes. All the sadness went away. We were back to our happy, full of tension couple. In love and together again. I'm in love with Margo Danny.