Chapter 55: Birthday

Start from the beginning

Cen Huai'an completely ignored them and focused on his game. Hu Pandeng and the others didn't mind either; they discussed their own moves and had a lively discussion, which made Chu Xia very happy.

Cen Zhengnian still didn't win this game. There was now quite a gap between his chess skills and Cen Huai'an's. If he didn't study seriously, he wouldn't have a chance to beat An'an in the future.

But Cen Zhengnian didn't mind. 'Everyone has their own expertise.' He was human, not a god, and couldn't become a jack of all trades.

Cen Huai'an was pulled away by Hu Pandeng to play Five in a Row. The quiet boy who was reading also joined them and said he wanted to play with Cen Huai'an.

Hu Pandeng immediately gave up his seat and said, "An'an, you play with Xiao He. He's also very good at chess."

Cen Zhengnian and Chu Xia didn't want to participate in the children's play and were ready to leave.

He asked Chu Xia, "Do you want to see the room I used to live in?"

The upstairs room where Chu Xia lived was redecorated by Jiang Shengnan to create a more comfortable environment for her. There were many convenient items inside that were specifically designed for girls to use.

Cen Zhengnian and his older brother used to live on different floors, with Cen Zhengnian living downstairs and his older brother living upstairs. He lived downstairs, right next to the guest room where Yu Tian and the others lived.

Chu Xia nodded, saying, "Okay." Anyway, she didn't have anything else to do at the moment.

She thought Cen Zhengnian's room should reflect his personality: gentle, clean, and tidy, with an abundance of books.

But as soon as she walked into the room, Chu Xia was shocked. There were books inside, but there were also various models, airplanes, rockets, and bullets. There were wooden ones and ones made from bullet shells, big and small, filling an entire wall shelf.

"Did you make all of these yourself?" Chu Xia walked over and looked at the rocket model, which was half the size of a person. Her eyes were filled with admiration.

"Yes." Cen Zhengnian walked over and touched the rocket model in front of Chu Xia, saying, "I made this when I was in my first year of high school." It took me two months.

At that time, he was highly intrigued by these things and managed to learn how to create them on his own. He collected relevant books and newspapers and calculated the data himself.

His older brother jokingly asked him if he planned to pursue this in the future, remarking that he seemed more dedicated to it than studying at school.

Cen Zhengnian smiled, his eyes filled with nostalgia, as he said to his brother, "If possible, I want to do this for a lifetime."

At that time, he was unable to take the college entrance examination. After finishing high school, Cen Zhengnian felt very confused and uncertain about whether he could still achieve his dream.

He almost followed in his older brother's footsteps and joined the military, opting for the same path as many other children in the residential compound.

Father Cen couldn't bear to see him disheartened and told him that he could strive to meet the quota for workers, peasants, and soldiers in universities. The military had quotas, but he still needed to join the army first.

Chu Xia blinked and asked him, "What happened later?"

Cen Zhengnian smiled and said, "Later, I joined the army. I performed well and did good deeds in the army. I would do it as long as it was beneficial for me in order to get the recommendation, regardless of whether I liked it or not."