"10 minutes are more than enough to listen to your problems. We both have sailed on same boat. Maybe I can help."

Ravi sat in the car with Sanskar. After listening to him for 5 minutes, he looked unbelievably at Sanskar.

"She waited for you. She broke her ties with her father. For what? That her husband will give 4-5 papers in her hand and say that this relationship is over."

"No Ravi! I literally pushed her to the ground. I was about to slap her. And last night, when she was burning with fever, I couldn't understand her emotions and yelled at her. She doesn't deserve this." Sanskar replied. Though he felt that Ravi was saying truth, his conscious did not want to accept this.

"She doesn't deserve this attitude of yours. She deserves someone who can not only fight the whole world but himself too, just for her." Ravi tried to explain him, "You fought with terrorists for her. You fought with her sister for her. But what about yourself?"

Ravi's words impacted a little on Sanskar's mind. He got a little confused once again.

He came back to his home. Sujata greeted him with smiling face.

"How is Swara ma?" He asked.

"Didn't you call her today?" Sujata asked.

Sanskar did not reply. Sujata's smile vanished.

"Ma! I yelled at her last night!"

Sujata was taken aback by his words. Forwarding him his cup of coffee, she went away. Sanskar closed his eyes in guilt, shame and anger. He should have atleast called her.

He entered his room and found Swara helping Ashna in completing her schoolwork. Sanskar saw her looking at him as if searching for the little love in his eyes. He knew she waited for his call whole day. She thought maybe her illness could be helpful in regaining the lost spark in their relationship. How wrong she was!

Her questioning eyes pierced his soul. He lowered his gaze, took his clothes and went inside washroom. He stood in front of mirror and looked at himself. How courage left his body now!

He practiced the conversation of divorce many times in front of mirror. How he should start the conversation so that it would hurt a little less to her. Would she cry? Definitely she would. Would she need his hug? Most certainly! But he should remain strong and firm. Sometimes a bitter medicine is important. He would support her. He would do anything to make her smile. He would not let her cry.

Making up his mind, he came out. Ashna had gone from the room. Swara was sitting doing some work on laptop. Taking a deep breathe, he broke the silence.

"People should not work when they are not well." He said.

Swara looked up and tried to smile.

Sanskar again took a deep breathe. He could see pain in her eyes. For the very first time, he could sense hopelessness in her eyes. This broke his courage again.

"How.....how are you?" Sanskar was now fumbling with words.

"Better! How was your day?" Swara asked.

"Hmm! Good!" Sanskar said and turned away his face. He was trying to gather all his strength to break out the news to her.

"I want to say something Swara!" Sanskar finally said.

"What?" She asked.

Sanskar was standing there numb. There were no words left in his mind to make this thing less hurtful. He was standing there just staring at Swara. This girl was his lifeline. He could not imagine tears in her eyes. And what he would say to her would wound her certainly. What if she did something unimaginable. What if she too decided to end her life!