Chapter 4: Every Last Scrap

Once again, Helmi greeted Izo as he woke up today. Serving him his breakfast and accompanying at three-arms pace at his side. It was much easier to keep the rather giddy foxian at a distance when he sleeps in Vellumis rather than Fort Bragg due to the larger Organ Chamber built into the abandoned chapel offering a secular sanctuary for the Doctor-Commander's rest at the budding settlement. It even doubles as a Dining and Reception room as he refashioned the altar to an atheistic stone platform as a table.

"The new Relays being established the D.R.A.G.O.N.F.L.Y. Network's range has now increased up to the boundaries of the 'Mindspin Mountains' effective Immediately. Rerouting new Orders to any available units to establish a Relay at once. Military Access Permissions required from the friendly leader known as 'Aa-zert-ceee' before proceeding. This concludes today's Bulletin." Curated the voice of Myrmidon as Breakfast was served.

"This Three-Sister's Soup is already making me full..." Izo leaned over his chair, belly bloated and satiated. All senses from sight, tongue and ears pleased by what is presented to him.

Myrmidon and H.E.N.R.I. had established for him a routine to streamline the Doctor-Commander. Balancing the budding importance of interfactional diplomacy he is now establishing and the Restoration of the Union in the New World.

"I am pleased that the crops you have grown has made you full." Tingyun gently smiled, ears fluttered briefly before stiffening.

"No Helmi, you have grown." He smiled back.

Flustered, the Huldra meekly averted her gaze. It was but a small light but a fortunate one nonetheless for the wooden-skinned fox waif.

"Anyways, these 'Three-Sisters' should get those Hobgoblins up at Mindspin all the food they will need." Izo stood up from his chair.

"Secretary Baird, Govrey has arrived with a Carriage." Myrmidon announced to him.

"Finally! Now we can get those Ingots we need for the Repairs." Izo nods.

Leaving his Foxian maid behind, the Doctor-Commander, under an escort of his retinue of 4 M.U.S.C.L.E. Units, H.E.N.R.I., Fureed and Golgar, descended down from his inner sanctum.

He made, if merely makeshift from the antique furniture of the Dining Hall into chamber where he holds court.

On a refurbished Dining Table, Ser Govrey was laying brick by brick the bounty of Oprak, Steel and Iron Ingots. The prize casting a faint sheen against the glistening candle lights.

"I am glad you arrived here safely Govrey." Izo nodded as he takes his seat at his throne. "And it looks like you... have what I want." His eyes peered to the Ingots.

"I tolerate no delays." Govrey bowed, skipping his pleasantries as he brought out his factor.

Izo walked towards the precious cargo and grabs hold of one of the ingots. He pressed his thumb and fingers against its surface caressing its metallic texture.

"It is Iron." The Doctor-Commander feigned contemplation, studying the ingots as though they held the secrets of the world.

"Just like your name lord. The finest you will ever see from these parts." The Hobgoblin emissary groomed his honeyed words with a smile.

Izo leaned in, his tone conspiratorial. "You see, Govrey, I have big plans for Vellumis. These ingots will be the foundation of our success. But I cannot help but wonder, is there any way you could provide a bit more than what I am seeing here? You saw my fields? My prospering fields outside."

"Conjured of Magic? Aggressive it is, but it does produce results." He nods inoffensively.

"Aggressive?" Izo furrowed his brow curiously at the emissary's choice of word.