(Why am I thinking such foolish things... Besides, that's something I can consider later!)

 It was probably her own fault for being careless! Cursing herself internally, Murasaki hastily pushed aside the low-priority doubt. In this emergency, there were countless things that needed consideration.

 "It seems... this is the end of the attack."

 Regaining her composure, Murasaki surveyed her surroundings cautiously. Upon looking, none of the moving monsters were left. About sixty, no, maybe seventy? All the 'Akaname' had returned to corpses. None had escaped. All had perished.

 "Cough... Yes, yes, it seems so. ...Haa, haa. Thank you, Miss Murasaki."

 "...You're a smooth talker, huh?"

 Coolly dismissing Tamaki's words of gratitude, which were her first words now that she was able to speak, Murasaki couldn't help but harbor a faint doubt in her heart. Even as she expressed that doubt, she brushed aside her thoughts about the incident from earlier. In this pressing situation, numerous matters demanded priority.

 Inexperienced and overly naive, undeniably recklessness is a big flaw as an exorcist. Yet, Murasaki is a human being too. As a decent person, she can't criticize or condemn that act. How could anyone be proud of abandoning a child being attacked in front of them?

 (What's more, if I acknowledged that, I wouldn't be here.)

 It was some years ago. Murasaki recalls an incident in the city's underground tunnel and internally makes an excuse. If she had abandoned things due to fear of danger, where would she be now? ...If she were to thoroughly criticize Tamaki, it would be a denial of that servant and of herself. It's impossible.

 "Hmph. At most, you need to think carefully before acting next time. Thinking you can always get away with things is a big mistake."

 Saying this, Murasaki scolds with caution, yet simultaneously, she realizes that until this younger disciple has enough strength to uphold her pride, it's inevitable to offer support within her reach. The present Hotoya Tamaki, as an exorcist, is still in a transitional period of growth.

 In other words, they are connected, but whether Murasaki herself is aware of it remains unclear.

 "...The city guards are coming. It's better to leave this place quickly."

 "Huff, huff, huh? Why...?"

 Meanwhile, without any sentiment, Shirowakamaru, who had been cautious of the surroundings, clicked her tongue at the distant commotion. In response, Tamaki, who was out of breath, asks. She furrows her brows, wondering. To Tamaki, who was on the brink of suffocation, it would have been nice to rest a bit longer. The odd choice of words made her curious, as if they were fleeing.

 "Do you want unnecessary suspicion on us? If we stay here carelessly, we'll be detained for questioning, you know?"

 It was Murasaki who answered Tamaki's question. Common guards wouldn't understand the distinction between Curse Art or youkai. For now, they would probably apprehend those who seem suspicious. Those with uncertain status would likely be interrogated. Since they are recognized as exorcists, it might not go that far... but they wouldn't avoid being detained until the experts in that field prove their innocence.

 "But...?"

 "Rest assured. Shirowakamaru-san and I will defend against the suspicion of your escape. Furthermore, the watchmen have the duty to make such judgments during situations like this."

 Directing her words to Tamaki, who is still flustered, Murasaki clarifies the responsibility. She also looks toward the other watchman. Shirowakamaru explains with a slightly annoyed expression.