Chapter 1

Chase's POV

It is sad when you can feel that summer is coming to an end. I have only have two more days left of summer vacation before I have to go back to school. I prefer to call it hell. It's not like I hate school because I don't I just hate how it always makes me stressed out. And this year I am taking four AP classes so I know it will be the most stressful year so far. I go to a private academy called The Mount. Girls have to wear uniforms as do boys. The girls's uniforms are similar to the ones they wore on gossip girl. 

Every summer my family and I head up to The Hamptons in New York to live with my grandparents for the summer. They own a large house right on the beach. It is very relaxing and I love how I can not worry about anything while I am up there. I do miss my friends a lot though. I have four best friends who I have known since I was little. But you will hear more about them later. A lot has happened to me and my family over the past couple months. The biggest shocker was my parents getting seperated. He walked out on us about a month before school ended back in June. He and my mom had been fighting for a while so he moved to New York City where he works as a big CEO for some company. My mom tried to stay positive all summer but I could tell she has been really hurting.

My mom decided that this year was going to be a new start for us. So she sold our old house and bought a bigger house in another development a couple blocks over from my old one. Today is the day where we move all our stuff into the house. We just pulled up and it does seem pretty big for two people to be living in it.

"So Chaz what do you think?" my mom asked me squeezing my shoulders. My nickname is Chaz everybody has been calling me that since I was a baby.

"It seems really nice and roomy." I replied giving her my best fake smile

"I know this is all an adjustment for you but trust me you will love it here. Come with me while I show you around inside." she said linking arms as we walked into the house. It looked like our house but didn't feel like our house. All our furniture and pictures were already up and in place but it just didn't feel like home yet. It didn't help that all the movers are still walking around us trying to put things in their right places.

"Where is my room?" I asked as I followed my mom upstairs lugging my suitcase and duffel bag along with me. 

"We both have our own bathrooms. But here is yours. You have a queen bed and I hope everything is set up just the way you like it." my mom said excitedly. I looked around. It sure was a lot bigger than my other room. My only problem was I can see directly into my neighbor's room. It looks like a teenage boy's room.

"Mom I will practically be able to see my neighbor naked if I wanted to." I complained to her pointing at the window

"Sweetie that is why people make curtains. It is called put them up and stop complaining." she said giving me her signature look

"Alright I will let you settle in but what do you want for dinner? I was thinking pizza or Chinese?" 

"Chinese please. I think we had enough pizza over the summer to fill a homeless shelter." I said chuckling

After unpacking for what felt like an hour I flopped on my bed and turned my laptop on. I have not been on any social media once this summer. I like to spend the summer with my family that I don't get to see that often. I opened facebook first and saw that I had over twenty friend requests. I accepted them all and checked twitter and instagram next. Lastly I checked The Talk.com This is a website that is sort of like Gossip Girl but instead of just being used to stalk the popular kids at school and say mean things about other people, all students have access to post whatever they want. I just posted when and where cheerleading tryouts are going to be after the first day of school. I should probaly tell you where we live. We live in a small town in North Carolina called Tree Hill. It is a small town but there is a lot to do. The beach is just around the corner as well. I am starving so I am going to go down and see if dinner is here.