I swallow a lump down my throat and stare at my own feet. "I can't tell you."

"WHY NOT SINA?"

"BECAUSE I CAN'T HAVE YOU KILLED LIKE THEY DID!"

Now the atmosphere around us got intense. Levi is now standing over his desk with pure anger and I can no longer hold back my tears. I give up the idea of fighting back, so I purse my lips tightly. If no one in the world is on my side, then I should be on my side.

"Fine, I won't pressure you to answer me," Levi says under his breath. "I can't let you go."

Surprisingly, Levi believes everything I said about Abel, but he has no idea why I have a strong desire to go beyond our limits outside the walls. He also theorizes that the government killed Abel as a threat to have me return to the capital, which is a possibility.

Levi is now cornering around his desk to approach me, saying sorry with his eyes as he wipes my tears away. "Sometimes, it's better not to seek revenge. It can end up leading you to death."

"That does not sound like you at all..." I lean my face against his warm palm. "You never know what your fate is unless you try."

Levi sighs. "You are not fated to die. At least not yet, but I want you to live a long life."

He then lifts my chin up and now our eyes lock, causing me to blush a little. "Please, Sina... stay here. With me."

I can't give up so easily on the idea of leaving, so I come up with an excuse. "I'll be a burden to you..."

"You're never a burden to me." Levi softly tells me. "I'm willing to put myself before you, so don't think you can't depend on me."

"Why are you so protective of me?"

"Because you are the only person I have ever allowed myself to love." Levi finally confesses, believing our love for each other should not be a burden in the first place. "I love you, Sina. You are the only person who has ever seen me in my darkest days."

I drop my shoulders when our rhythm is now in step. I feel like we are two separate bodies that share the same heart. It is thanks to Levi and his words I love you that gave me the motivation to live on and understand the meaning behind his words. His feelings towards me are what made me stop. Stop me from thinking about revenge and journeying outside the walls. In this unforgiving world, there is nothing that can stop Levi from loving me. And I believe I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

His thumb is now brushing over my bottom lip, thirsting for a kiss while searching for a response from me through my eyes. "I have never hesitated about anything before, but you keep making me hold back."

That's when I pluck up the courage to cup his face and gently bring his soft lips into mine. We seize this moment, indulging in this breathtaking kiss until Levi slowly breaks away, dazing seductively into my eyes.

I slip into a titillating panic when Levi spins my body and I fall on my back, lying on top of his messy desk. He is now standing between my inner thighs and is towering over me. Our eyes are still holding each other.

Without a word, I defenslessly let him dominate over my body, but there is still hesitation in his eyes. It's like he's having a flashback of something unpleasant, so he straightens up. "Sorry... was that too much?"

I quickly sit up on his desk to see if he's alright. Obviously, he seems hurt in some way. Maybe he's remembering something in the past. Whatever it is, I do not ask about it. If I could know what's going through his mind, it is still difficult to fully grasp his feelings.