Chapter 31: Harry's Here

Start from the beginning

I walked in and y/n was curled up into a ball near her headboard with her forehead on her knees. She looked pale and swear was on her cheek. She was much skinnier than the last time I saw her. I walked over to her and sat on the bed in front of her. Her breathing was uneven and really quick. Like she was when she had a panic attack. I knew that she didn't hear much when she was panicking. I grabbed her hands softly.

"Y/n you need to breathe," I said softly. She looked up quickly and saw me. She looked at me for a second before nodding. I rubbed my thumbs on her hands. "Just listen to my voice," I said. Her breathing was still quick. I let go of her hands and she watched my movements. I sat next to her. I softly pulled her towards my chest. she laid her head on my chest while I wrapped my arm around her. "In and out. In and out" I whispered to her. Her breathing then started to slow down. I rubbed her shoulder and her breathing went back to normal.

She turned around towards me and wrapped me in a hug. I smiled before pulling her so she was basically straddling my lap. She buried her head into my shoulder. I just held her tightly in my arms hoping that it could take away some of her pain. Her fingertips messed with the back of my shirt as she sat with me.

"I've missed you" she whispered

"I missed you too"

"I did mean to letter you:

"I know."

" sorry I didn't"

"Don't worry about it."

"Hermione and Ron did. Didn't they"

"A bit"

She pulled awake from me awake and looked at me.

"You cut your hair," she said moving her hand to my hair.

"Yeah"

I watched her as she looked at my hair for a moment before looking back at me.

"Good. You needed one last year"

"Believe me. I know"

She smiled.

"So dementors?" She asked quietly

"Yeah. I have trial tomorrow"

"You won't get expelled, will you? I mean. Can they really expel you for that? You saved yourself and a muggle, even if he didn't deserve it, but truly that would be outrageous"

I shrugged.

"You're sounding like Hermione," I said with a laugh before answering with more seriousness "It's the ministry. We won't know until tomorrow."

She sighed.

"Don't get expelled please" she whispered

"I'll try not to"

Then she pulled me into another hug and I hugged her tightly. I looked up and saw Sirius walking in. He sat down on the bed a little ways away from us. He looked at her for a moment.

"Pup" he started. "There's a lot of people here who'd love to see you downstairs for dinner if you'd want to come down with us."

I looked down at y/n and she looked up at me. I gave her a small smile and I heard her take a deep breath

"Ok"

I looked over at Sirius whose eyes were slightly wider. A smile grew on his lips

"Uh ok," he said with a wide smile. "I'll uh I'll go have Molly get you a plate. Come down when you're ready" he squeezed her shoulder quickly before getting up. She moved out of the hug and looked at him.

"Thanks, Dad"

"Of course pup"

He then headed down the stairs. I swore I heard him running into the walls as he walked down the stairs before I heard him yell Remus's name.

"Do you have a hoodie I can take?" she asked quietly. I sighed.

"I can go get one"

"Really?"

"Yeah," I said letting out a breath. She had a small smile on her face.

"Thank you"

"Mhmm"

She moved and I got up and quickly went down the stairs. Sirius saw me without y/n and his eyebrows furrowed.

"She wanted one of my sweatshirts. She'll be down in a sec" he nodded before I went back upstairs. She was up and had tied her hair back. She had changed her pajama pants and had a sports bra on. I threw the sweatshirt at her and she jumped a bit when it hit her. She looked over at me. She rolled her eyes at me when I saw something on her arm.

"Y/n"

"Haza"

"What's uh what's on your arm"

She looked down before back at me. She took a breath. I walked over and carefully grabbed her arm. I saw scars on her forearms. I felt my breath get caught in my throat.

"Dad knows," she said quietly as I traced over the lines. "He's been helping me stop. He said he went through the same thing. Cutting that is"

I nodded a little before looking at her. I didn't notice a lot of the changes when I first saw her. Even though her hair was up I could tell she might've cut it. I was still taller than her but now it was a bit more noticeable. I wrapped my arm around her back and pulled her into my chest. She wrapped her arms around my back and rested her head on me. I held her for a moment longer.

"You should put on my sweatshirt and we should go eat"

"Ok"

I waited until she pulled away before letting go and grabbing the sweatshirt from the spot it landed on the floor. I handed it to her. She put it on quickly.

"You ready"

"Well see" she mumbled. I looked over at her and rubbed her shoulder softly. I waited for her to lead the way and followed her down the stairs.