Chapter 10: Dads Back

y/n pov

"ow!" ron yelled. we all looked over at him

"what" I asked

"he bit me," he said as we saw scabbers running through the grass. ron went to run after him and I quickly followed after him

"ron!" I yelled as he ran after Scabbers. we made it a far distance before he finally grabbed him but I stopped a good distance away from him. I looked up and saw the whopping willow. I froze. 

"ron look out!" Harry yelled next to me when he saw the tree.

"y/n harry Hermione run," he said back pointing to something. we turned around and saw a black dog. it started running towards us. I ducked before it jumped over. it grabbed rons ankle and started to pull him into the tree

"ron!" I yelled. I quickly ran over and jumped into the tree turning into my animals after being sure Harry and Hermione wouldn't see it. I landed poorly on my side and heard something crack. I let out a cry of pain before only seeing darkness. 

.-.-.-

"did you miss me that much snape that you bought a dog that looked like me?" I heard someone say as I woke up. I felt a tight hand on the back of my neck. I looked down and saw I was above the ground and that I was still in my animus form. 

"This dog isn't mine" Snape spat. "I believe it's yours"

"what? I don't own d-"

"put her down," Remus said. 

"what" the other man said. I looked and realized it was dad

"I'm not afraid to hex her," Snape said putting his hand to my head. 

"Severus. put. her. down." he said "Very carefully I might add" 

I looked at the wand in Sevurus hand. I quickly bit it and turned into my human form. I grabbed his wand.

"stupify," I said sending him flying backwards. pain shot through my leg and arm and I felt Remus catch me. I saw Harry looking at me. his features turned confused. he then looked over at Sirius. 

"Tell me about Peter," he said as Remus helped me to the wall. 

"he was at school with us. we thought he was our friend" Dad said hastily. 

"no Pettigrew's dead. you killed him" 

"no he didn't," Remus said looking over at me. "I thought so too until you showed me his name on the map"

"the map was lying then"

"the map never lies" me and dad said together

"Pettigrew alive and he's right there," Dad said pointing at ron

"me?! he's mental" ron said

"not you. your rat!" 

"scabbars has been in my family for-"

"Twelve years! a particular amount of time for a rat to live, isn't it? He's missing a toe isn't he?"

"so what" ron asked

"All they could ever find of Peter" Harry started 

"was his finger!" Dad said "Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead and then he transformed into a rat"

"show me," Harry said

"give it to him ron," I said "Please."

"what are you going to do to him" ron asked as Dad tried to take it from him