Chapter 19: Friends.

Y/n pov

We were in the great hall waiting to see who the champions were. Cedric walked over to me.

"Hey ced," I said.

"Hi," he said with a small smile.

"You nervous"

"A bit"

"I bet you'll get it"

"I hope so"

"Just be careful if you do ok. I need you Alive"

"Alright," he said with a chuckle

"Good luck"

"Thanks"

He walked back to his table and Fred slid Into the open seat next to me. I saw Harry's gaze move from his conversation with Ron over to me and Fred. His smile dropped. His jaw clenched a little before he looked Fred up and down. He then went back to talking with Ron.

"Hello there," Fred said. I turned to look at Fred.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

"Let's see how this goes," he said.

"Yeah"

"Please all sit down. And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The champion selection" Dumbledore said. He walked over to the goblet and blue flames arose from the goblet and a paper flew out.

"The dumstange champion is...Victor Krum" we all cheered as he walked up to Dumbledore. He took the paper from him and walked back to the back room. Then the blue fire grew again. The paper flew out and Dumbledore caught it.

"The champion from Beauxbatons is...fluee Delacour" She got up gracefully and walked up to the front. Then the last paper came out.

"The hogwarts champion...Cedric Diggory" A smile grew on my face as he got up. His friend clapped his back. He looked over at me. I smiled brightly at him as he went up to Dumbledore. As soon as he turned away. A sinking feeling settled in me and I took a deep breath and turned back towards the table.

"Hell be fine," Fred said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I know. Just...nervous"

"Excellent. We have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist the chalice of champions. The vessel of victory of the Triwizard cup!" Dumbledore said. As he finished saying this statement the fire shot out another name. Dumbledore grabbed the name.

"Harry Potter" he mumbled. My heart stopped and my head shot up from the table to Dumbledore. "Harry Potter" he yelled. Hermione started to push him up. I looked over at him with my jaw dropped. He quickly looked away and walked up.

.-.-.-

Harry pov

I couldn't get y/ns pure look of horror when she heard my name out of my head throughout the entire meeting. As soon as it ended and ran up to the common room. Hermione was sitting on the couch reading. She barely looked up.

"Astronomy tower," she said.

"What?"

"She's in the Astronomy tower"

"Oh, thanks."

I went up to the Astronomy tower to see her sitting on the railing. I heard shaky breaths coming from her.

"Y/n?" I asked softly. I walked close and leaned on the railing next to her. "Y/n?" I asked softly. She looked over at me with tear-stained cheeks. I sat up a bit more. "What's wrong," I said in a panic. She turned towards me and pulled me into a hug. "What..."

"It's just" she mumbled Into my neck. "Both you and Cedric are in this deadly competition. What if...wh-"

"Don't even say what you're about to say. It's not going to happen. I promise you"

"You can't promise that" she whispered breaking Into more tears. I held her tightly in my arms and rubbed her back.

"I wish I could but I can try everything to prevent it."

She looked up at me. She cupped my cheeks lightly.

"Please don't die" she whispered with tears streaming down her cheeks. My breath hitched in my throat. I hated seeing her like this.

"I won't" I said back grabbing her hands and bringing them in front of me. She took another shaky breath before looking at me.

"You should letter padfoot. I already have but I think he should hear some of this from you"

"I will. Promise" I said Giving her a small smile.

"Good"

"You ok to go back to the common room"

"Yeah"

We walked back to the common room. Fred and George were messing with Hermiones' reading when we walked in. Fred looked up and saw us. He gave us both a smile before George looked over.

"Y/n come sit! We're prank planning" George said.

"While bugging Hermione?" She asked.

"Yeah," Fred said with a smile. Y/n rolled her eyes before going over to sit with Fred. I felt my chest tighten as I walked to my dorm to talk to Ron. It's been happening more and more. It's every time Fred talks with y/n. They're like siblings why do I feel like this? I've noticed myself glaring at Fred more than usual. I looked back quickly and saw his arm around her shoulder and him whispering something to her. I felt my jaw clench again before I closed my eyes and took a breath. Their just friends. Like you and her are just friends. Nothing more.

Friends

How I hate that word.