Chapter 26: You're Like An Ice Cube

Harry pov

I paced around my dorm. Ron wasn't here and y/n usually comes by my dorm in the morning to get us for breakfast. I sighed realizing that there probably not going to just show up. I met up with Neville outside. The twins were doing their bets.

"Fred!" I called.

"Harry, what it is?" He asked walking over with George

"Have you seen y/n Ron or Hermione?"

"Nah not since you four went up to the library," George said.

"Haven't seen em since" Fred said.

"They're probably fine though. They'll show up."

"They always do"

"Thanks," I said quietly. They nodded before going back to their bets. Godrick do I need a y/n pep talk right about now

Y/n pov

All I felt was cold and water in my lungs along with an arm wrapped around my stomach pushing me up. As soon as I hit air I started coughing.

"Hey breath" I heard Cedric say next to me helping me towards the giant floating platform. I finally stopped coughing and held onto him. He pushed me towards the dock and I grabbed on quickly. People were quick to help me up and wrap me in towels. Chills rushed through my body. Cedric got onto the platform after me and grabbed a towel before quickly walking over to me and wrapping me into a tight hug while rubbing my back trying to warm up.

"What happened" I stuttered through chattering teeth.

"You were at the black lake. We each had a person to save. You were mine" he said rubbing my arms now.

"Ok. I'm fucking freezing" I said. He laughed.

"I'll get you another towel"

"Thanks"

Then I saw two people swimming. The all too familiar long brown hair could be seen. Krum swam behind her helping her to the dock. She was also immediately wrapped in towels. Krum follows close behind. She saw me and walked over.

"It's cold" she whispered

"No shit," I said back still shivering. We laughed a little before standing close to each other.

It's been a little while and we haven't seen anyone.

"Where's Harry" I whispered nervously tapping my foot on the ground.

"He's fine I know it," Hermione said next to me. Then we saw two people pop up. The familiar red hair and a blond. Ron helped the small blond girl to the dock who just so happened to be Flue's sister and Hermione rushed over to him. She took her towel off and threw it over Ron who blushed almost the same color as his hair as she checked on him. Then Harry swam up. I quickly went to the ladder and helped him in. A rush of relief spread over his features as he saw me. I did the same as Hermione and took off one of my towels and wrapped it around him. He smiled before wrapping me in a hug.

"You look freezing" he mumbled into my ear

"A little," I said. "My hands the most" he pulled away before grabbing my hands.

"Merlin y/n. Your frozen" he said before holding my hands in between his and trying to blow warm air on both our hands. A small blush rose to my cheeks. He looked up at me.

"Is it helping?" he said almost laughing.

"A little"

"Better than nothing."

We got interrupted by Fluer coming over to Harry.

"You saved her even when she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!" She then kissed Harry's cheek. He looked at me shocked as my eyebrows furrowed. She then went over to Ron and said something before kissing Ron's cheeks. My jaw dropped and a small laugh escaped my lips. Harry shook his head slightly.

"Weird" he whispered looking back to me. I nodded and he pulled me back into a hug. "Youre like an ice cube," he said. I nodded a little. Then we heard Dumbledore's voice.

"Attention Attention. The winner is...Mr. Diggory!" I smiled against Harry's chest as he continued to rub my arms to warm me up "For showing unique command of the bubblehead charm. The way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasly but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fiber." I looked up at Harry

"Second place!" I said with a smile. He looked down at me.

"Yeah," he said with a smile. I laughed a little before seeing the twins out of the corner of my eye.

"Imma steal a jumper from the twins," I said

"Ok," Harry's said. He loosened his grip on me. I grabbed his hand

"Come on. It's cold and I need a hot chocolate"

"Yes ma'am," he said following with Hermione and Ron right behind.

.-.-.-

I did end up getting Fred's jumper. Harry still was trying to keep me warm though. He kept one arm around me. Fred and George made fun of him as we walked before Mr crouch pulled him aside.

"I'll meet you inside. Go get warm" he said slowly taking his arm off of me.

"Ok"

Fred opened an arm for me and pulled me close to him while rubbing my arm.

"I'll get her some hot chocolate," Fred said to Harry. "Well meet you in"

"Ok," Harry said.

.-.-.-

I was doing homework in my bed with some hot chocolate when my door opened. Harry came in and sat down.

"You warmer?" He asked.

"Yeah. You?"

"A little. Still a little chilly."

I moved my blanket that was over my shoulder and wrapped the other half on his shoulder. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Whatcha working on."

"Astronomy" I whispered.

"You sound tired"

"I am"

"Here I'll do this for you. You sleep"

"You know what you're doing"

"Sorta. I copied Hermiones"

"Ok"

He took his head off my shoulder and moved so I could lay on his chest he leaned against the headboard while I leaned on him. He wrapped one arm around my stomach. I looked up at him a little.

"Thank you" I mumbled

"Anytime"

Harry pov

I remembered Hermiones' Astronomy chart. I wrote down what Hermione had on hers on y/ns and put it on her bedside table. I looked down at y/n who had fallen asleep on my chest. I didn't want to wake her up much so I moved myself so I was lying down. She shifted a bit so her arm wrapped around my stomach and the side of her face was on my chest.  I took a shaky breath and held her close.

"Good night y/n" I whispered

"G'Night Harry" she mumbled back.