CHAPTER-20: The Law Of Equivalent Exchange

Start from the beginning

I wonder why that is...

And if what Miss Chabashira said about May 1st is true... Then this school will be much more interesting than I actually thought it'd be.

"I guess everyone's opened up to each other..." I mumbled to myself, but unfortunately, my seatmate thought I was talking to her.

"Zaffar-kun, haven't you made quite a few friends?" asked my seatmate, copying what was written on the blackboard into her notebook.

Suzune Horikita... She's an oddity in this class, to say the least. From the files that were provided to me by Miss Chabashira about the class, it looks like she has a sibling, and her reason for joining this school is said sibling.

I wonder if her brother/sister is the same as her?

"Somewhat, I suppose." I finally replied, snaping out of my thoughts.

Although I already had the Boys as my friends, I'd also gotten to know Sudo, Miyake, Karuizawa, Kushida, and Onodera. Human relationships are rather mysterious, so I couldn't pinpoint the precise moment we became friends.

"Sup?" halfway through class, Sudo crashed through the door and barged into the classroom. He slumped in his seat with a yawn, clearly not caring how late he was.

"Oh, hey, Sudo-kun. We're all gonna get lunch later. Wanna tag along?" Karuizawa called out to Sudo from across the room.

The Math teacher continued the lesson without even really paying attention. Normally, the teacher would've flicked a piece of chalk at him, but all of the teachers tolerated that kind of behaviour. This certainly wasn't no coincidence. It was intentional... Even when it came to poor language, being late to class, or dozing off, no one cared. While at first our class had acted more reserved, now everyone was far too flippant. Of course, there were still a few diligent students like Horikita, Yukimura, and Hirata.

My cell phone vibrated in my pocket, indicated that I'd received a message. It was from Karuizawa's group chat that Hirata, and I was a part of. It looked like we were going to the cafeteria for lunch.

"Whoa. Seriously, he has a girlfriend? Awesome."

Based on Ike's conversation, it sounded like Hirata was dating Karuizawa. Watching Karuizawa from afar, I saw that she was gazing lovingly at him from his left.

"I hate that look on your face." Horikita glared icily at me.

I didn't really care for what Horikita of all people thought about me. Anyways... How fast did you need to move to become a couple right after starting a new academic year? I was sure that if I'd gone up to Horikita and asked, "Would you go out with me?" she definitely would have kicked me in the nuts. At any rate, if I were to get a girlfriend, I'd... Never mind.

...

For third period, we had History class with Chabashira-sensei. She walked in as the bell signalling the start of class rang. The student's attitudes didn't change, though.