CHAPTER-18: Spider's Day Out

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I'm a busy man, Let's just get this over with."

"Alright, go tell the employee you wanna try on that mannequin's clothes."

"Bet." With that, I walked off.

...

"Why are we... at Cheesefest?" I asked, exhausted from last night's patrol.

"We're just here to grab lunch. There's still time for your hair appointment."

"Not that again,,,"

"Anyway, did you decide on what to order?"

"Let's see... Hmm, I'm leaning towards the Tomato cheesesteak."

"I'm kinda thinking the same thing, but... I have a proposal."

"Shoot."

"I want it cheese-stuffed, but with the Japanese-style sauce. We can split it in half; your dish and my dish."

"You really have a thing for cheese, huh?" I mumbled, and got kicked in the shin for it. "Wh-! What was that for?"

"So what?! I like cheese, okay? Do you have a problem with it?"

"Why would I have a problem with your cheese fetish? Geez, you're really weird, you know?"

"I'm weird?! Who's the loner here?!"

"I'd rather be a loner than be weird." I smirked, which made her even more angry.

"By the way, did you give that pocket recorder a listen?"

"Yeah, I did-"

"Hopefully you picked up on a couple of things."

"Mhm, I did. My tone is kinda boring when I talk. I realized that after listening to the recording."

"What matters is that you heard it for yourself, and now you can correct it."

"Mhm? Ya think so?"

"Mhm, no doubt in my mind. You rely too much on words."

"That's how you conversate."

"You chime in with words like 'I see', and 'oh right', and that's a good habit, but you always say it in the same tone. That's why it sounds boring."

"Ah, I see." I wonder if she got the joke.

"You should use facial expressions and hand gestures, otherwise you won't get your point across." Hinami held up a finger right in my face. "So, here's a task for you- while we're enjoying our lunch, you're gonna give conversational feedback, using only short, follow-based responses."

"Huh? Can you give me an example?" I asked, and she did exactly as I asked.

It was cringe to say the least.