𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟫 - 𝒪𝓅𝑒𝓃 𝐼𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

𝓔𝓵𝔂𝓼𝓲𝓪𝓷

Chapter 9 - Open Invitations

-𝓬𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽-

(Y/N) POV

The Great Hall was busy as the teachers and ghosts prepared for Halloween. At Hogwarts, Halloween was a very big deal. Usually people would just throw up some cheap decorations and hand out small bags of sweets but not here. The Great Hall was always decorated with carved pumpkins and dark candles, the charm on the ceiling paints the clouds dark and stormy and bats would fly across it every so often. The halls and staircases were decorated with cobwebs and even more floating carved pumpkins. 

This year Halloween was on a Sunday so we would have the whole the whole weekend to celebrate. Charlotte and I planned to go the Hogsmeade on the Saturday to pick up some sweets and look around some more as the residence of Hogsmeade always liked to decorate their village with the most amazing magical decorations. Ivy would have come but she claimed she had better things to do on a Saturday which Charlotte didn't appreciate but I thought it would be best to just leave it. 

Charlotte and I just finished our lunch and she was dragging her feet as she didn't want to go to her next class.

"Why can't I just come to your class." She whines, clinging onto my arm and we continue to walk. 

"I don't think you really want to be in Professor McGonagall's class when your not supposed to." I laugh as I pull her off me and attempt to point her in the direction of her next class. 

She nods, still pouting but decided better of pushing it any further. She muttered a quick goodbye and slowly made her way to her class. 

I smiled slightly at her dramatics before making my own way to my Transfiguration classroom. I don't get far before I am stopped by a voice from farther down the stairs calling my name. 

"(Y/N)!" The voice of Cedric calls.

I turn to see him quickly making his way up the stairs towards me, his hair bouncing slightly as he did so.