III. Zombies in a Human Cafeteria

𝐙𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝐙𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

We were making our way to find a seat, whilst Eliza was complaining "I can't believe you dragged us out here to see, Cheery McCheerstein. I'm gonna be sick. Do I look green? Greener than usual?" Bonzo mumbled as we found seats, " No Liza, you're fine and loosen up a bit. It could be fun." I replied. Music began to play as a couple of cheerleaders did a series of flips. Everyone stood up and started clapping or cheering. I looked over at Zed at saw him staring at Addison with a smile slowly creeping across his face.

They started to dance the crowd cheered Bucky, 'Who's Bucky?' I thought not knowing that I shouldn't have wanted to know. All of a sudden, a dude came flying out from behind a picture of his face. "That's Bucky," I mumbled under my breath. Honestly, I wasn't surprised by the fact that he was he was so full of himself. The ripped picture fell and an identical one was behind it. Zed and Bonzo looked in awe as Eliza's face wore a look of disgust, my expression was something in between.

Bucky spoke, "Welcome to the Seabrook High cheer rally!" Everyone started louder than before, he started clapping as well until he signaled the crowd to stop. "It is going to be a great year we are going to win the state championships again." he continued full of himself. Now forget when I said that the crowd cheered loudly before because I think my eardrums just burst.

Even Bonzo started to shout in zombie, I just rolled my eyes until Zed told Eliza "Come on loosen up! Cheer is contagious." Eliza just snarkily replied, "So is pink eye." I chuckled at her snarky joke, and then drums started to bang out of nowhere and the cheerleaders continued with their routine.

Everybody was shouting either GO!, GO SEABROOK! or GO MIGHTY SHRIMP! Then I noticed a spark. Fire. Every inch of Bonzo's face was lined with fear. It was a trap. I looked at Bonzo and told him, " A little fire isn't going to hurt us." He just ignored me and shouted "FIRE!" Zed tried calming him down by saying, " It's going to be fine. Don't worry." He pushed Zed down causing him to groan and his Z-band to break, Bonzo ran down the bleachers and out of the crowd.

***********************************************************************

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Eliza shouted " Wait, Bonzo! Come back here!" Zed got up and ran after him. Halfway down the stairs, he went full-on zombie mode, "Bonzo!" He shouted as he chased him rushing down the stairs. Addison was flipped in the air, but Bonzo was scared of the cheerleaders who were supposed to catch her by running straight at them leaving the girl in the hair mid-flip. Zed pushed past the football team, they all went flying in different directions as he slid on his knees and rushed to catch Addison. The whole room was in awe.

He had caught her. Everyone went ballistic in joy cheering for him. They were both staring deeply into each other's eyes. The football coach pointed straight at Zed and firmly told him "You. Me. We gotta talk."

***********************************************************************

𝐙𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

I was so ecstatic to have Zed back alive. When the football coach told him he wanted to talk, I thought he was a goner. He approached us with the biggest smile and shouted out, "Who's the zombie? I'm the Zombie and this zombie's playin some ball!" At first, I was super confused and I looked to both sides of me to find Eliza and Bonzo were too but then he later explained, " I'm on the football team." My first instinct was to hug him immediately and that's what I did.

I opened my mouth to congratulate him but he interrupted, "And zombies now have access to the cafeteria at lunch!" My jaw dropped, and mine wasn't the only one. "How?!" Eliza asked out of complete happiness and shock, "Look at you miracle worker." I told him with the same tone as Eliza. Zed explained on the way to the cafeteria, how Principal Lee and Coach had both asked him and he accepted, in exchange for access to the cafeteria.

On the PA system you could hear Ms. Lee announce, "Hello students. This is Principal Lee. As you may have heard, zombie students are now allowed in the cafeteria." she was interrupted by a loud cacophony of groans, and she just continued with, "Ugh! Just deal with it!"

The door to the cafeteria was then opened by an officer, and we all walked in. Everyone's eyes staring at our every movement. Eliza just in awe, "Wow Zed, the human cafeteria. You delivered." " Great job Bro!" I congratulated Zed. We zombies made our way to the other side of the cafeteria. I looked back at Zed and saw him look back at the one and only, Addison. He then continued walking and I whispered under my breath so that only he could hear, "Ahh, young love." His pale white cheeks instantly turned a furious red from my teasing comment. I chuckled.

For lunch, we were served, a piece of toast with some weird gloop on top and a little cup of juice. As we arrived Eliza pointed out, "Our very own lunch table in the darkest corner under cheap fluorescent lights and by the trashcans. " "I know," Zed replied a smile inching across his face whilst Eliza and I looked around, "It's perfect." " Living large and in charge!" I commented as we sat at the table. Bonzo and Zed started throwing an apple at each other. Then out of the green Zed shouted " Addison!" across the cafeteria.

Silence. It was all that could be heard. Addison approached our Zombie table, with all eyes on her. She greeted us with a hi and said " Um, as they say in old zombie tongue, Gazar Nady Garzane Garsick." everyone looked amused and I was biting on my lip to keep in the laughs as she continued, " I looked it up on the internet." Zed looked at her and told her, " Um, you just thanked me for rubbing peanut butter on your umbrella." The whole table burst into laughter, Addison said " Oh, um... I meant... welcome to the cafeteria." her cheeks blushed a soft pink in embarrassment. "Thanks!" Zed replied. Bonzo then handed her a carved apple flower he had made, she wowed in astonishment." Bonzo is quite the artist." I told her, " Zella, Zed's Twin."

She looked at me and introduced herself as, "Addison,". " You know, you not half bad for a Human," I commented on her. Her response was," You not too bad for a zombie." I let out a laugh.

The moment was ruined when Eliza asked "OK, why is Perky Von Cheerstick here? The point of having our table is to avoid people like her." I gave her a 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING' look, " Oh, no, I just wanted to thank Zed for rescuing me from the -" she was interrupted by Bucky's henchman taking her away. I looked over at Zed and he looked almost disappointed.

After the henchmen left Zed made eye contact with Addison, she broke it and ran off somewhere. Zed instantly got up and went after her, I called after him " Zed! Where are you going?!"

RANI SPEAKS

 Hey guys! thanks for the reads so far, I would love to hear what you think of the story so far!