Chapter 23- The Lines gone Dark

(Title taken from 'You Signed up for This' by Maisie Peters)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shelby's POV (One week later - May 21st)

Dear Diary,

This week has been... well... not quiet... but not busy either. I've been spending most of this week with Scott. I finally managed to think of a friendship anniversary gift for him! I made him a mushroom beret! Oh, and a bracelet out of amethyst and a single diamond. He liked them a lot.

Scott said he's going to be busy today though, so I probably won't see him. He sent all of his butterflies to keep me compony though. Well, most of them. He has 7 prime butterflies now. Kira, Redford, Sophe, Starlie, Lori, Crysti and Mae. He has all of his prime butterflies with him, except for Crysti, who's been assigned to keep an eye on the other butterflies.

Speaking of the butterflies, they've been loving my garden. They flock to it every time Scott visits, and it's great to see that they enjoy it so much.

Gem and fWhip's birthday is tomorrow, so it's gonna be a busy day. I wanna go and visit them... somehow. Scott and Sausage offered to bring me to Gem and fWhip's homes so I can give them gifts, since I still don't actually know where they have set up their bases. I just know Gem lives in a village, and fWhip lives somewhat close to Sausage and Lizzie.

Oh! And Scott taught me how to play the ukulele, since he made me one a few days ago. I've been practicing. I'm still not amazing, of course. That'll take a while to do, but i've been doing well. At least, according to Scott. I personally think I can do better than I have been.

Every day has been getting more stressful though. This week has been so warm and I feel so uncomfortable, even in my greenhouse. Tinted glass doesn't block out the sun's hot rays of death, sadly. Well, not much. It does a little. Who decided that this week should be a heatwave?! Ugh.

But anyway, I don't really know what I'm going to do today. I suppose I could practice some more on my ukulele, but I also wanted to make myself a mushroom hat, so maybe I'll do that today as well; it could be fun. And maybe it'll bring back some more memories, who knows.

Although... I might try and get some sleep. It's gonna be a pain though, because the sun, even when it's not extremely hot, makes me so uncomfortable and anxious, so maybe I won't. I don't know. I'm very conflicted. I haven't slept in a few days because of the heatwave.

-Shelby Grace

------------------------------------------------

I put my diary down and look at the all of the butterflies fluttering outside in my garden. I smile; at least they're happy.

I wonder what Scott's doing today. He never said, since he wasn't actually entirely sure, apparently. I'll see him tomorrow though, so I can ask him then. Hopefully the weather cools down a bit by tomorrow. A rainstorm would be great, that way I won't be as weak under the damn sun. I'll still be weak, but not as much because the clouds will block the sun.

I don't think there will be a rainstorm tomorrow though... it's wishful thinking.

3rd POV

Scott takes a deep breath as he look at the nether portal in front of him. This will take him right to the blaze spawner that Joel found, and hopefully he'll come back with a good amount of blaze rods. "Are you sure you'll be okay?" one of the butterflies, Eli, questions while sitting on Scott's head, "I mean, you can only wear iron armour, and you have less hearts".