𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁 (𝗖𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗠𝗲 - 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗧𝘄𝗼)

Start from the beginning

Nurse// hello, nurses' station.
Bella// Hi. Hi, uh, this is Dr. Shepherd. Um, yeah, Mr. Hanscomb's carotid just blew. Uh, c-c-can you page Dr. Sloan for me, please? A-and also Dr. Yang? And ... ah!"

The artery started to spurt some more. Bella's hand quickly covered it up.

Bella// I'm gonna go ahead and call this a code blue. Yes, code blue. Can you announce that, please?"
Nurse// Right away.

Bella nodded to Nick. "Thank you. Okay, you can put it down now," she told him.

Nick was panicking. "Code blue. That means I'm dead, right? I mean that's what they call when people go, like, flatline?" He asked.

"No. I figure we can use all the help we can get," Bella told him. She was covered in blood.

****

Nick smiled to Bella even though she couldn't see her. "How you doing, Dr. Shepherd?" He asked.

Bella, who was freaking out, decided to lie. "I'm okay. You okay?"

"Well, I'm a little freaked out if I'm being honest. Mostly 'cause you look like carrie at the prom. Seriously, you're wearing, like, half my blood," Nick said.

"Which is why we're hanging some more right now."

Tyler looked to Bella and sighed. "I'm having trouble getting a vein," he told her.

"Why?"

"He's hypovolemic. His veins are flaccid."

Nick frowned. "That's not a nice thing to say. That ... that's not a nice thing to say at all. Ow! okay!" He said. He was in pain. "Son of a bitch!"

Bella was having a hard time keeping her fingers in place on his neck. She didn't want to let him bleed out anymore. "It's okay!"

Cristina walked in. "Shepherd, you gotta stop the bleeding," she told her.

Bella rolled her eyes. "You think? It's okay. I ... my hand slipped. I-I got it," she said. She wasn't in the mood for dealing with Cristina and her sarcasm.

"That ... that can't happen anymore. That can't happen anymore, okay?" Nick said.

Cristina turned to Bella. "Just apply steady, firm pressure."

I called for Sloan. Should we just take him to an O.R.? Or ...?" Bella asked. Not wanting to deal with this any longer.

Cristina shook her head. "No, there's no O.R. I was just down there," she told her.

Bella sighed. She turned to Tyler. "Tyler, uh, you should run and get some more blood. Just in case, okay?" She said.

"Keep applying pressure. I'm gonna go get Sloan," Cristina told her.

"Wait, you're leaving? Cristina, I'm literally covered in blood here. I need to change," Bella said.

"I'll be right back. You can do this. You're doing this," Cristina said as she turned and left.

****

Mark looked to Alex. "Are you seeing this, Karev? How I'm tightening the cable by hand?" He asked.