"Right..."

"I swear," he chuckles.

"Well I gotta get this to Scar so I should go," I say as I lift the coffee up and nod towards it.

"Why you always running off on me Ducky?" He questions and once again I'm confused at the nickname.

"I'm not but..." he looks at me waiting for an answer, "I just..."

"What are you doing now?"

"Uh nothing," I shrug, "I just finished a run and then I was on my way to give Scarlett her coffee and then I was going to go to the park and read..."

"So you're not working right now then?" He smiles hopefully.

"No I'm not."

"How invested are you in reading?"

The lady calls his name out so I pause and let him grab it, he gives the lady a grin and turns back to me, god his smile makes me weak at the knees.

"I don't know it's a pretty good book," I shrug as we walk towards the door, he rushes to open it so I can walk out first, "You know you don't always have to open the door for me I am capable."

He grins, "I know but my mama raised me right and even though you're capable I think it's a nice gesture."

"Well Thankyou, your mama did well," I smile.

"So if the book can wait what if we went to the park and talked some more?" He asked, giving me a pleading look.

My eyes light up at him, "Really?"

He frowns, "What do you mean really?"

"Because you're you and I'm just little ol me," I say shyly as I sip on my coffee.

"Let's drop this off at your friend and then go talk some more, I'd like to get to know you, unless you don't want to," he brushes off my comment like it's nothing.

"Okay," I smile shyly as he places his hand on the lower part of my back, urging me across the road. But when we step down off the sidewalk I slightly lose my footing and he has to grab my arm to keep me from tripping over my own feet.

Once I'm upright again he gives me a concerning look, "You good?"

"Yeah I'm just a little clumsy," I laugh awkwardly.

He chuckles to himself, "How clumsy we talking?"

"There's something atleast once a day that happens, I trip, spill something, drop something or run into something you name it, I'm a walking hazard. Run now if you don't want to get caught up in my clumsiness," I say as we cross the road, his hand firmly pressed against my back like he's protecting me from myself.

"Well luckily clumsiness isn't contagious. I'm also pretty good on my feet and have quick reflexes. Something my job entails so I can keep you safe. Try to atleast," he says looking down to give me a cheeky smile.

I smile back as we reach the door but before he can open it I grab his wrist, "Wait out here? Scar will just bombard you with questions and..."

He nods, "It's cool, I'll wait here."

I smile up at him and walk through the door that he holds open for me. The bell dings and before I even make it to the counter Scarlett is running over to me, "Is that Vince Dunn!"

"Shush!" I quietly yell to her as I walk quicker to the counter and place the items I'm holding on top of it, "Shutup!"

"I will not! Not unless you tell me what is going on and why he is standing outside my bookstore waiting for you. I assuming he's waiting for you anyway," she says excitedly as she keeps peeking towards the front windows.