{ Chapter 3: Getting a Job at I.M.P. }

Danika enters the room and fixes her determined gaze on the mirror.

"Dad, I know this is shocking, but I'm planning on taking a job at IMP. "But Danny, please understand that it's not safe, bleh bleh bleh." Thank you for taking me in, Dad. However, as an adult woman, I wanted to express my gratitude by earning money so that I wouldn't have to worry about bills or other things."

Danika was pacing her room and ranting out loud what she was going to say. She had no idea that Octavia was curiously listening in on her from the door and was taken aback.

"Hmm. A job?" Octavia questioned.

Before she knew it, they were at the dinner table, where Octavia sat on one side and Danika, disguised as an owl, sat across from Stolas, who appears excited.

"Oh, Danika! I have so much fun planned! Whoo-hoo! But first, we go catch some scorpions together, just the three of us, yes, Dead-ums?" Stolas cooed.

Danika smiles a bit before getting serious.

"Dad, please let me speak. There's something we have to talk about."

"You want to go out and get a job. You can." Stolas stated, knowing this would happen.

Danika turns to him with a smirk.

"Aha! I knew you were gonna say that. But, Dad, I appreciate your help and support, you know that I know about the whole princess and stuff of-- Wait, what?" Danika stopped, realizing what he just said.

"Yeah, what?" Octavia asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I said you can go." Stolas smiled.

"You're just playing with me." Danika deadpanned, crossing her arms.

"No, no, no, no. You're old enough to drive a hearse now, you're old enough to make your own choices. You can go. Just don't come home late."

"Holy Rabies. Holy Rabies!"

Leaping from her seat, Danika gave Octavia and Stolas hugs before sprinting to her room to gather her belongings and the completed application.

"Don't worry. I'll let you know how my job went. Thanks again."

Then she called for a vehicle and departed the mansion, bidding them farewell. She is picked up by the taxi and taken to Imp City. Octavia turns to Stolas after Danika leaves to ask him why he let her go, only to watch him cry like a baby.

"Waaah! My girl is already grown up and I haven't even got to take her to a nice tea party I planned!"

Octavia smiles and rolls her eyes, knowing that Danika will persist through all of Hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Danika looks out her window and was amazed at the sight before her.

The city is filled with grey buildings with some yellow windows, as well as sometimes having pink windows. Some building can also be dark red sometimes as well. Her eyes then catches an I.M.P. Headquarters, which is depicted as a black and dark gray building with black and white horns build onto it, as well as having some black window panes and antennas attacked on it.

The Imp City sign is shown to have an eye symbol as an icon; one sign is red with a white rim outside it with the icon being white and black and partially peeking like a sun, along with there being a spointed billboard shown to be white with a black rim and having a red pentagram, and an icon with a full black outlining of a sun with the inside having an eye with a yellow sclera and red iris on it and having some black and white horns on it.