Part 8 - Rejection

Start from the beginning

"This isn't right, I'm too young for this and you. Um we can't, this isn't right."

"I know what you're afraid of, but believe me, give me a chance I'll take responsibility for everything. I'll make sure no finger is raised on your honour, or voice against your family prestige, I'll talk with your brother, I'll get the approval of my family."

She nervously looked down at her hand, gulping inaudibly, without daring to look at him, she fearfully spoke. Uncertain he'll understand or respect her wish or not. He might be courageous enough to take steps, but she's not. Even if she's, then not for him, or with him.

"I understand what you're going through, but I don't feel the same for you. We've a background, personality and thoughts expressing differences between us, requiring compromise from me."

"Sneha."

"You're in your finals, you've family business to be responsible for. But I've just completed my schooling honestly, started UNI years, I'm really not ready for a relationship where I've to compromise a lot."

"Can we be friends for the time being?"

'You're too big to be my friend."

"Age is..

"It's size."

Abhiraj's eyes widened up listening to her, as he looked at her lowered gaze than at himself and subconsciously closed his parted legs on the seat.

"I look like a kid in front of you, the age difference is vivid. Besides, I can't be friends with Men, who don't accept my choice, respect my opinion or understand me."

She mumbled nervously, she felt inferior to him in every way, whether it's looks, height, strength, status or intelligence that's why she genuinely doesn't want to be with him.

Listening to her Abhiraj got stunned, he hoped, if not much, she'll at least acknowledge his confession, consider his feelings, or give him hope for their future. But no, she straightforwardly and cruelly rejected him. Ask her reason to reject she can effortlessly give hundreds of them. I can go bankrupt and can accept punishment for my past actions to get forgiveness for my behaviour. Fix my attitude and restrain my temper. But what to do with my height or age? Feeling irked but not ready to hurt her, losing his calm he stepped out of the car and closed the door harshly. Making her flinch at the loud sound and his action. She almost thought about running out of the car, but he had locked it. Hence she helplessly waited inside, dreading what he'll do, she was sure he's angry with her. Meanwhile He paced back and forth near his car, for a while to calm his ragging nerves. Later he returned inside the car and started to drive. The silence in the car made her anxious, as if it's a silence before a storm. But she didn't dare to speak or even glance at him. Once they reached college, she hurried to step out. But failing to open the car door, confused, she turned to look at him.

"Considering your wish, I won't bother you now. As you're not ready, I'll refrain myself from meeting you."

Listening to this She almost sighed in relief, when He held her cheeks, giving them firm squeeze, he spoke in stern cold tone with anguish and warning in eyes.

"But by chance, If you dare to approach other guy's. Or even thought of them the way I do about you, Then you won't be spared by me."

Saying that he released her, where she stared at him in daze, his behaviour straightened her belief to not believe him. The remorse she felt for not giving him a chance dispelled from her heart, by his harsh behaviour. As she was certain she'll be doomed if she happens to become his partner. After all (Bina rishte ke itna haq jata raha, rishta hua to saans lena bhi dushwar ho jaayega.) Without relation he's claiming so much right, if a relationship is formed then breathing will become difficult.