Part 8 - Rejection

Start from the beginning

"I'm so."

Knowing repeated apologies lose their value, he didn't dare to apologise again. Hence glancing outside he thought for a while then mustering courage turned towards her and helplessly spoke his mind.

"Probably, You're right, but believe me, I really care about your opinion, your wish, your consent. I really do, but I'm truly helpless."

Rubbing her wrist to soothe the ache, she rolled her eyes, listening to his words but didn't retort or interrupted him. Knowing she's listening, but didn't believe in his words, he sighed and continued speaking.

"Your wish demands distance, your opinion is low of me, your consent denies me, your dreams exclude me. That it unbearably hurts here."

Poking at his chest, he tries to indicate towards his heart, which hurts at her rejection, ignorance and behaviour with him. To which she glanced at him, then looked back at her hand. Is he playing a pity card? Then he failed, she thought as she refuted plainly.

"Just because you failed to convince me civilly. Doesn't mean you'll use your feeling of helplessness or hurt as an excuse to inhumanly mistreat me."

"No, you misunderstood me. I'm not excusing my behaviour. I'm tryi.."

"For me, actions speak louder than words. And I don't think I need to rephrase your actions."

"No, don't say it like this, try to understand I've never felt this way with anyone, where one's denial or reluctance to be with me, will make me lose my sanity."

Will she ever think about his confession or not? Even though he's being honest, he was aware he really ruined his chance with her by looking at her expression which was void of emotion; he knew she didn't care what he wanted or how he felt. If anything she must've been thinking how to get away from him.

"With you. I wish to know your heart, but dreaded to see the hatred in there. I really don't know what I truly want, I'm feeling or doing."

"(Khud ka pata nahi to meri life kyun jhand kar rahe?) If you don't know yourself then why ruin my life? She wanted to yell at him, but looking at his eyes, filled with mist out of pity she didn't, out of pity. But did this make her feel bad for him? No. She was certain that she could forgive him for whatever he did but she couldn't believe him. Because she fears him to the extent where she can't trust herself to be safe with him.

"But trust me, I care and I've no malicious intent to approach you. Neither do I wish to hurt you."

Wondering why leaving all the girls, who'll be willing to be with him, he's going insane behind her? Is it because she said no to him? Sneha couldn't understand. Hence sighing inwardly composing her anxious soul, she asked him curiously. While looking up at him to be certain he's honest or deceiving her.

"Why me?"

"Honestly I don't know. But only because of you, with you, I desire to become better to be worthy of winning your heart."

"What?"

"Yes, it's no secret that I've been with many, seen many, but they're like strangers we met on the way. But you're like my destination. And Sneha, one can change the way, not their destination."

Her face went pale due to shock, as she stared at him with wide eyes, fear, reluctance, dilemma, despair could've easily detected. His confession wasn't only unthinkable, unbearable but unacceptable for her too. Though she couldn't be certain he's honest or truly serious about her or not. But she couldn't let him go on with this anymore. She felt desperate to make a line with him, a line which she knew wouldn't restrain him, if anything it'll provoke him to cross it.