CH. 2 - Are you catching feelings, Desmond?

Start from the beginning

"Hey, doesn't that make us traitors to bossman? Cause basically, if he denies it we will deny it with him too." Said Emile sadly. He felt guilty for 'betraying' his friend.

"Do you want to hear the plan or not?" Becky said, snapping her finger.

"Well, I guess so..."

...---'•'---...

"Why am I like this..." Damian slid down on the door dramatically. "I don't have feelings for that commoner. I bet it's just normal because of the 'commoner touch' you feel strange..." He fixed the table on where they worked on and saw anya's pen. "...you feel strange only because of their poorness...surely..."

...---'•'---...

"Papa, we're home." Anya said as she and Yor walked through the door.

"Ah, welcome back. I've made you some dinner, Anya." Loid said as he sipped his coffee. "So, what happened during your assignment?"

Anya beamed at the sight of food, and immediately started munching on it. "Wellsh, Beckshy shaid-"
Yor chuckled while washing the dishes, "Anya, don't speak while chewing on your food!"

"Hehe, showry mama." Anya swallowed her food, "Becky said Syon-boy has 'feelings' for Anya."

Loid almost choked on his coffee, "WHAT-- Uhh, I'm sorry. Can you say that again, Anya?"

"Becky said Syon-boy has 'romantic feelings' for Anya." She repeated.

Yor looked in their direction, 'Hmm, I still think Anya is still young for love. But if she likes him, I'll support her!' Yor said cheerfully in her thoughts.

'Damian Desmond, Second Son of the Desmond family. In love with a commoner. Could it actually be? From what I remember, Becky does have some unusual romantic daydreams. She could've just said that to Anya for no reason. But, if it were true, it would be beneficial to operation strix...' Loid was in deep thought, and started imagining a scenario in his head.

'Oh, Anya. I love you! Let's run away and get married, and I'll get you to meet my father!' Damian cried blissfully.

'Yes, second son! My father will meet your father and world peace shall be achieved!' Anya cried blissfully.

Loid snapped out of his trance, no, that can't happen. Maybe I should spy on them. Just for the mission.

Meanwhile, Anya stared at him blankly while trying to process what he was thinking.

"Anya, your food. Eat it while it's still hot." Loid quickly said.

"Ok, papa." Anya said, still staring blankly as her gaze shifted to her food.

'Anya isn't sure if she still wants to eat or not, after what papa said

'Anya isn't sure if she still wants to eat or not, after what papa said...' Anya thought. She was certain she does not act like that.

"Oh, Anya. What did you say your assignment was about again?" Loid asked.

'In order not to be suspicious about following her to Eden, or rather accompanying her to Eden, I need to ask her what her assignment is about so she would think I'm trying to be a good father and let me tag along on the way to Eden. Even though I already know her assignment is about making a toy plane. Hopefully, I can meet Damian Desmond there. Just for the mission...' Loid thought.

Anya scratched her head, "Oh, uhh,"

'With papa's heavy thoughts, I might faint! I should really stop trying to read his mind.' Anya shivered.

"Well, it's about us making a toy plane. If we don't complete it in time, we'll fail...so, just to boost Anya's confidence, can you please accompany Anya to her school, papa?" She smiled.

'Perfect timing.' 

"Oh, of course Anya. I'd be happy to."

Anya clapped her hands happily, "Thank you papa!"

"Now, you wouldn't want to be late right? Get ready for bed now." Loid smiled at his daughter and watched her race to the bathroom.

'Just for the mission.'

---'•'---

Charang! So I added art in this chapter, and I'm planning to add more in the later chapters. Unfortunately, this the end of the chapter guys, sorry if it's a bit short. The title of this chapter didn't match for the upcoming events so I'll see you guys in the next chapter.

Btw, I'm still trying to debate on what I should put for the title of this chapter.
Should it be:

"Are you catching feelings, Desmond?"

Or

"Are you falling inlove with her, Desmond?"

I prefer the first one but I'm not sure. Please tell me what you think in the comments, thanks!

And thank you for reading, once again! ❤️❤️❤️

- alexa

1087 words