(26) autumn

a/n: thought we all could use something short and sweet after episode 4, couldn't we?

✰ ✰ ✰

Autumn was their season, [Name]'s season

Autumn was their season, [Name]'s season. At least in Loki's eyes.

The way the last few golden rays of the warm days would illuminate her features on the walks they went on. Their autumn walks.

Loki smiled simply due to thinking of them. They would walk and talk until [Name]'s hands felt like they were frozen, only to warm them with a cup of tea or hot chocolate by the compound's fireplace afterwards.

In this moment, his legs carried him slowly towards said fireplace, a book in his hands. After today's walk she'd told him to meet him here, like they always did. His glance was stuck on the remaining embers of the fireplace, then his eyes wandered across the couch arranged next to it.

The expression on his face softened.

[Name]'s tea mug was set on the coffee table, yet the steam that must've been rising above earlier had subsided into nothing. Her tea had gone cold, and so had the flames once flickering in the fireplace, leaving only their faintly glowing embers.

The only part of her exposed to the light of the room was the upper half of her face, the remaining parts of her body were enveloped in a grey blanket, like a cosy cocoon.

Her eyelids were closed, and her chest rose and fell with each breath underneath the thick fabric.

Loki felt a smile tug at the corners of his lips, and eventually, he gave in.

If he'd told himself a few years ago he'd ever admire a mortal being this much, his past self would've mocked him, would've said he'd gone insane, weak and soft.

And maybe he had.

Maybe he truly had become a soft and weak version of himself he'd never thought himself capable of being, not the slightest. But if that meant he would be able to call her his love, his everything, he couldn't regret turning into something he'd never thought he'd be, ever. He simply couldn't, even if he desired.

Loki's head was tilted slightly, a look of adoration in his eyes.

His love.

Silently, doing his utmost not to wake her, he picked up her cup of tea. His eyes rested on her features once more, as if taking in all of her beautiful radiancy, then he made his way towards the kitchen to prepare tea, one cup for him, and a new one for her.