(12) selenophile

Crickets chirped in the distance, soft summer breezes carrying the remaining warmth of the past day around

Stars sprinkled the sky, billions of them, all revolving around the moon in its waxing crescent, its light barely able to illuminate the people reclining on the roof of the compound's building.

A smile spread across her lips as her eyes met the ones of the prince who was keeping her company as he laid by her side. His majestic features faced the sky, the rather dull moonlight colouring them a dark blue. The only thing shining brighter than the stars above were the multiple emotions that were written within his pupils.

"Are the star constellations visible on Asgard's night sky different from ours?" she asked, now darting her glance at the firmament sugared with billions of stars.

Next to her, the dark silhouette of Loki Laufeyson leaned back on his palms, admiring the night sky of Midgard. Figuring his features in the dark was rather arduous, though she still attempted to as he spoke.

"They're different, I believe. Many more stars in general, I'm quite certain. It's hard to tell."

[Name] hummed in response, the desire to be able to get a glimpse of Asgard's night sky one day bubbling up inside her, causing a smile to creep its way across her lips.

A rather chilly breeze caressed her cheek, though she wasn't freezing. Her eyelids fluttered, snapping her gaze away from the stars for a second.

A gentle touch on her temple caused the dull outlines of her surroundings to sharpen again, her eyes now meeting the prince's which were full of affection, admiration even, as his cool finger brushed a strand of her hair out of her sight. A blush crept its way onto his cheeks, though Loki tried to avoid it. It came nonetheless.

[Name] smiled.

The silence lingering now was peaceful, yet full of meaning.
The embarrassment he'd originally felt for this intimate kind of silence, for this type of shared moments, it was fading each time he'd experience it.

"The moon is truly beautiful tonight, isn't it?" she uttered all of a sudden.

A little crease formed between his eyebrows as he knitted them in confusion. "I am afraid I don't quite understand."

She chuckled slightly, now sitting up straight to be at eye level with him. Leaning in, her mouth now so close to his ear, he was able to feel her warm, gentle breath on his skin, causing goosebumps to spread across his skin.

"It means 'I love you'", she whispered.