Chapter 152: He Stole It From Nursery

En başından başla

"I'm saving that for Christmas. I've already put my request in. I want the twenty-second until the twenty-ninth off. I sent it directly to the Minister since I don't know if Ms Earle will still be the Head of the Department by then," Harry explains.

At that point, Ron and George enter through the floo network despite Hermione consistently reminding them that it isn't safe. They'd reminded her they were family, and it wasn't suspicious to visit their brother-in-law and good friend.

"I don't know why you bother working, Harry," Ron mentions, sitting beside his father. "If I could afford to not work, I'd never work again."

"What about all that money you got from the ICW?" Hermione asks.

"How do you think Pans and I bought our cottage? You know how much Hogwarts pays, and her parents certainly don't help. At least my parents offer to babysit while we do renovations," Ron complains.

"I actually like my job, though," Harry states. "I haven't done it in a while since I've been working with the Minister on Vale's trial, but now that's over, I'm hoping everything will return to normal."

"What's normal?" George jokes, making himself a cup of tea and grabbing one of Harry's muggle biscuits.

"Moving on," Hermione calls their attention. "Thank you for coming to the meeting. We've got a few orders of business. First of all," she looks at Ron and George. "Stop using the floo network."

Ron rolls his eyes while George agrees, but the three of them know it will be their first order of business at their next meeting, too. Then Hermione remembers their last order of business, and worry sets in. Who will be there to keep everyone right if she steps down?

Draco grabs her hand, squeezing it gently to reassure her that everything will be okay and she can do this.

"Next, Vale's trial was last Sunday. I'm sure you were all listening on the radio to the court proceedings, and some terrible accusations were thrown at Harry and Draco. I'm pleased to say that I've heard the Wizengamot aren't taking any of them seriously and are dismissing the claims as a defence technique," Hermione explains.

"Great, that's one more thing off my plate," Harry sighs, leaning back in his chair.

"That also includes Vale's claims that Harry has reinstated The Order. Now, just because the Wizengamot don't believe the claims doesn't mean the Minister will brush it all aside. We need to be even more vigilant of our actions and surroundings, which is why I brought up the floo network again."

"Fine, we'll stop using it," Ron agrees, sick and tired of hearing it.

"Thank you, it's all I asked," Hermione sighs. "Next, Draco and I were invited to MACUSA a few weeks ago, where President Harris informed us that she had unearthed a Death Eater in their midst. We haven't passed this information on because the fewer people who knew about it before Vale's trial, the better."

"Who was it?" Percy asks with interest.

"Tiffany Tyler, who was MACUSA's Secretary of State," Draco answers.

"Although Harris quite harshly accused Megan first. Megan was distraught by it all and is considering quitting her job. She told me she's definitely leaving as soon as Shacklebolt has been removed, but if Harris continues to treat her terribly, I have no doubt Megan will quit earlier," Hermione states.

"That's any government leader for you. They don't care about the people who are helping them. They only think about themselves," Percy shrugs, collecting another biscuit.

"I'd like those of you who work in the Ministry to watch for any open positions that might suit Megan. It's The Order's fault she's in this position where she can't leave yet, so I'd like to help her," Hermione mentions.