Chapter 3

Date - 13/09/1969
Time - 1000hrs

((A/n - might be spelling mistakes in this one 😭))

The next morning I returned to the Hall of the party. It was being cleaned by my servants, but my dad was nowhere to be seen. I bandaged my left hand before I came down, so no one could see the cut I made from the rose.
"Excuse me..?" I tapped one of the servants on the shoulder. He looked up at me and smiled gently.
"What can I do for you, ma'am?"
"Do you know where my father is?" The servant sighed and looked at me, slightly remorseful.
"Your father was taken to the hospital. It turns out the brawl that happened was too much to handle. His skull was cracked open when several wine bottles were smashed into his head."
"Your joking..." My jaw dropped slightly. "I ran to his aid and called the ambulance as soon as I could. I am... So sorry, ma'am." I sigh and take a deep breath in. "But he has hired someone to look after you whilst he's not around."
"Eh?" I looked at him in complete confusion. "Isn't he aware that I am an adult now and don't need someone to babysit me?"
"Well... He thought it would be suitable to hire some form of personal protection whilst his company is at his weakest." I shake my head in frustration.
"So I'll be running until he comesback... Great. And who is this person that'll be looking after me?"
"I was informed that the woman that will protect you will be here at 1200 hours sharp."
"Lovely. Thank you." Although the clear frustration on my face and smiled to him in appreciation before walking back to my room.

The day was quiet cold. I was pretty disappointed with the previous events that had taken place. I heard a knock on the door and a trolly of breakfast food was pushed in, along with a female servant behind it.
"Today we have a variety for breakfast. We thought we'd spoil you a little after what has happened."
"I'm really not that hungry after last night..." I looked away, slightly embarrassed. She
"But we have your favourite, bacon, eggs an-"
"Say no more." I was drooling over the food again. She took the massive plate of a full english breakfast out and placed it on my desk. I scoffed it all down. No questions. I didn't stop. I was so overwhelmed by everything. My dad, the company... And Tennant. My eyes we're drawn to the rose that layed next to my plate. I had forgotten it was there. "Is everything alright, ma'am?" My servant looked over at me in concern, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Yes... Just a lot weighing on my mind, you know?" I smiled to her.
"I understand, but I promise you'll be okay and we'll be here to fully support you, along with your personal protector."
"I hope their nice..." I sigh, still staring at the rose.
"Do you know someone called Laurence Tennant?"
"Laurence... Tennant?" She stood up straight, clearing her throat it surprise. "That woman went missing over a decade ago..."
"What?" I spoke quickly, sharply glaring at my servant.
"Yes... She was last scene on the rail of the River Thames, at a special event. She hasn't been seen since." I sigh and look down at my empty plate.
"May I ask why you want to know about her, ma'am? And really late too."
"Don't worry about it." I smiled at her. "Could you take my plate? I'm full now. Thank you so much." I spoke as I put the plate back on the trolley. She wheeled it out, making a slight squeaking sound as she did and shut the door.

The thought of Tennant couldn't escape my head. My dad always said that I would marry I nice man to help me run the company... I've never thought about being interested in women...
I slap both my cheeks, making then turn red.
"Idiot! How could you think of marrying a woman you just met, let alone being interested in one!?" I spoke aloud to myself.
"Is everything alright, ma'am?" I hear a voice outside my door, another servant.
"Everything's fine! Please don't concern yourself with me!" I said panicked. I hear the footsteps walk away and did the biggest sigh of relief ever.

----------

Time - 1200hrs

I was told I have to wait for this person of 'personal protection' outside the manor. I don't know why I couldn't just wait in my room, especially because of the previous night. And to top that, there was a red rug beneath my feet leading to the road. Iron fences stopped civilians from getting to the rug. Flashing lights blind me slightly as people call my name. Fortunately I can ignore them. Who exactly is this person..?

"Now that your running your fathers business, how do you plan on strengthening it back to the way it was originally?"
"How do you feel about all the events currently unravelling?"
"Can I have your autograph?"

My head was ringing slightly, so I took a deep breath to avoid the people.

I black limosine was pulled up in front of the rug, not making a sound as it stopped. The windows were shaded black, so I couldn't really tell who was in there. Everyone went silent, and I looked at the back door in disbelief. The man from the drivers seat cane out to open the back door.

Click.

The sound made my flinsh slightly. Black shoes step out the limousine. I woman wearing black suspenders with red straps and a slightly unbuttoned top, but it was only the first few buttons. Her hands had white gloves and a watch around her left one... And wearing a wide brimmed hat and a familiar blazer. I couldn't quite make out her face, the hat was covering half her face. All I could see was a small smirk. Everyone stared in silence. There are a few whispers.

"Is that really her?"
"There's no way."

As she walked towards me she took slow strides, taking her right hand out of her pocket and pointed her index finger down, moving it on a circular motion.
I think she's telling me to turn around...

I turned around to face the entrance of my house. I waited a few seconds before feeling a touch on both my shoulders. She leaned in so her chest was slightly pressed against my back and whispered in my ear.

"Good afternoon my lady... Did you miss me?"

My face immediately went red. Her hands slowly moved down my arms. I was too flustered to speak or move.

"It's too busy here... Maybe we should go somewhere more quiet?~"